flowering period and multiple strains

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by billyfish, Sep 29, 2010.

1. I have a few (>4 <6) females that just started flowering. They are all from bag seed of unknown strains. I had almost all of them start showing sex around 7 days, including 4 I yanked (males). However my best looking plant all through veg finally showed sex last night on day 16 of 12/12.

My question is, based on this data can I predict that this plant will harvest about 10 days later or can it "catch up", or could it fall even farther behind? What are your guys experience with out of synch flowering periods?

This is my first grow and I have clones ready to take their place in the flower chamber so I would hate to have to delay it for a single plant, but she is a beauty, /sigh

2. You can't make the assumption that just because it showed sex later that it will necessarily take longer to flower. All strains (and plants) flower at different rates. You won't really know until you get close to the end and can see the trichs.

I hope I answered your question.

Good luck.