Flowering Nutes

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by grassbob123, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Hey sup guys I have some plants growing that just started budding. So It's time to switch nutes I bought some Phosphate 0-60-0 and Potash 0-0-45 or those numbers might be backwards Now I know that these are way to high concentrations about what level of 0-0-0 should I shoot for

2. I check search before posting and couldent find the information I was looking for. They say higher on phos/pot low on nitro but they dont list the optimal 0-0-0 of the nutes

3. i use a 5/15/8 strenth flowering food onces a week during flowering with 500ml of water and cut out nutes 2 weeks before harvest so it dosnt taste like nutes.
    hope this helps.

4. In my experience i have always used a 10-10-10 nute mix when flowering starts including a foliar spray of nutes every other day consisting of 10-10-10 diluted with warm water shaken up then pplaced into a spray bottle. When the buds are 2 weeks out from picking, i'll use only distilled water for those 2 weeks. Just my experience, going on 19 years worth.

Peace...FG

5. hey fun gardener.
    ive never used a foliar feed when flowering but am keen to try was just worried bout mold do you give a light spray every second day?will try it on one of my clones.
    thanks for the tip.

6. #7 Andronius, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2009
    I have never done foliar spray during flowering, I have always heard it is a big risk. During Veg I do it, but even then I have read that it is really not needed.

Risk it if you want. I would read up on it more though.

5-15-14 and lil schultz is what i use by the way.

7. #8 Fungardner, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2009

I have used the foliar method for almost 19 years now with no issues or problems. Not saying that i know it all, but i know what works for me and do not mind sharing it with others. Agree with it, believe it or not is up to you. I also am respectful when others post things that i may not do or like to do when it comes to growing. As a working Horticulturist with a degree in Forestry Management i can tell you right now that foliar feeding is NOT risky!

Peace, FG

8. Did not mean to offend you/step on toes. It may of come across that way, but I am not that guy. I am all for trying stuff out. Look at my posts..I am always 'try it and see what it does.'

If people do not try, they do not grow.

You have more years on me growing and seem to know what you are doing. I think the main thing I meant was that for a beginner, I think that foliar feeding is a risk. I have no clue about his ventilation system, set up, humidity levels etc....

If he runs a humid grow and adds to it, he is asking for mold.

This is all my opinion though.

9. No bro, no ill feelings at all. Just trying to help the man out. I grow outdoors cause for me its easier and i work outside so i can park my truck and walk in to check my plots cause we contract for the state so the po-po are used to seeing us park then walk into the woods. I am however learning about indoor growing because all of my experience is with outdoor growing. I would like to grow year round so i have been leanring baout the options and aspects of indoor growing. So far, from what i have read here on GC its pretty much the same principle. Sun (light bulbs that produce the same spectrum) soil, timing and nutes. :rolleyes: Just FYI and his, he can run a dehumidifier to control the moisture/mold issue.

Peace...FG