Flowering nutes

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Buzzwell420, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Whats yalls fave amend ments for tasty buds organic

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Nettle FPE, Borage FPE, Lacto bactelia (SP?) EMs

IME, the FPEs produce intense aromatics and a smooth taste, sticky buds without even trying.

3. Right on - while it might be just a little more work, use any of the assorted "dynamic accumulator" family of plants in your garden - the list is endless. Yarrow, kelp, neem, alfalfa, nettles, comfrey - etc etc etc.

Plants growing plants.

From a recent discussion with LD -

"The more that I apply a mix of vermicompost with chopped leaves, the more I'm convinced that the actual role of NPK is far less than even I first assumed. You add finely chopped comfrey leaves to your worm castings for example and you only need to apply 1" of this mixture - in a few days your jaw will drop when you see the stuff kicking in and feeding the soil's microbes. It's not just comfrey that I've used and will use again - peppermint leaves, spearmint leaves, borage (first-cousin of comfrey), thyme (for it's borneol content = fungicide), lemon balm (every garden should have this plant), Holy Tulsi Basil (the root of all the world's basils - like the wolf is to domesticated dogs), oregano (powerful, powerful fungicide) and epazote (not a mint and is a powerful pesticide & fungicide. The commercial agricultural product, Remedy, is an exact duplication of the compounds that this plant produces) and kale leaves (Ya need some Magnesium? Need Calcium? Phosphorus? Zinc? Here ya go!)"

So mix vermicompost with the (chopped) accumulator plant leaves of your choice and use as a top dressing. The microbial action of the vermicompost will break down your plant material, making it available quickly to your plants and give you the results; whether it be plant vigor, pest management, healthy flowers - whatever - that you are looking for.

Growing healthy plants is what you are striving for - don't be specific as far as "flowering nutes" go - at all, whatsoever. This is silliness started by the Hydro fertilizer companies and is just that - complete silliness. Shoot for overall plant health and you simply will not go wrong and things will take care of themselves.

Every time. Period.

J

4. Everyone needs to re-read this paragraph. When you grow a healthy plant to finish, there is no need for designer fertilizers for "bud enhancement". This misconception is just to get beginners to buy overpriced, watered-down fertilizers that are not needed for flower production.

PW

5. Just got the advice I had enough nitrogen and was told to hold off

And canadian bast guano

6. whats an ime is that what jerry ia talking about

7. Got a bunch of yarro more foraging tomoreow

8. ime is in my experience fella

9. fpe,?

10. #10 twotokeengine, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2013
    Fermented plant extract my man! Fill a bucket with water, throw your yarrow into the bucket of water. wait 4 weeks and its a liquid nuit solution. Very nice!

you can use the liquid as it is brewing also, or I do and see no ill effects, it just gets stronger with time and the addition of fresh materials 

11. Fermented Plant Extract(s).

12. ahh

so I could chop up mix with ewc

And maybe do Act.

My castings are home made
    Manure from oak leaf and alfalfa fed animals.

Or just let it sit?

13. #13 twotokeengine, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
    AACT is out of my knowledge sorry man,

Jerry posted an interesting one about using EWC mixed with the accumulator plant [yarrow,nettle,, borage] top dress with this and just watch. and just water.

I would do this but I have no EWC, I use FPEs because I use a very basic stripped soil mix

14. Right on - chop a mess of it up fine, mix with your homemade vermicompost 50/50 and mulch an inch or two and moisten thoroughly.

Good score Buzwell!

J

15. Got yarrow, mint,spearmint,alfalfa flowers and some mint type flower I\tthought was comfey, mixing now.

16. U sure the added nitrogen wont give me skanky buds.

Friend suggested this to cut out the n at the start of flower. Is that the whole misconception.

Still will test . Attavhed is pic of unknown, smells great

Attached Files:

17. 16 cups castings 3 cups herb mix
    Half cup neem meal.

More herbs? Mixed and sitten till after work.

Got purple basil, and other options like fennel and chamomile

18. #18 GiMiK, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
    I'm not really certain on the question of nitrogen uptake, though imho opinion the plant dictates what it needs and receives nutrition accordingly from the microbial interactions, as long as it's (the nutrition) is available in the substrate. Again, imo, I wouldn't expect an encouragement of nitrogen fixing bacteria during the last week of flower to be the healthiest conditions for the plant at that time but I also don't think it would do much harm or change much either, in relation to the flowers.

I would just relax at this point. If you managed to accumulate all those accumulators then you should be set for nutrition, especially if you already have homemade castings to mix with them and a healthy soil to base it from.

This deserves to be brought up, again. If only we still had rep to give.....

I've found myself bored at times because of the lack of effort needed. It's almost funny how easy it is after you get it set up.

19. Word. Gotta water later, applieing tonight

Getting bat guano, and after that ill only have to water.

Doing to much, ha I do that

20. There tons of mullen in az