Flowering need help!!!! overwater?

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by PopoTheMailman, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Hey guys I need some help, 2 weeks ago my dumb ass put in 2 "jobes fertilizer spikes," with the combination of the lack of a fan in my grow space and im guessing the 2 spikes of fertilizer each said to be 1-24-8, my plant is getting messed up. The spikes were made for tomatoes, but the prob is they disintegrated into my soil so I can take them out... fuck, I know. So my dumb ass gives 2 water sessions to flushing them out(waited until 2in of dry soil)... and I have these... as you can see from the pics they are drooping down and turning lime green, they all used to look like the dark green pic, but now that is the only node that remains to look like that (it is also one of the lower nodes.)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    My plant: bag seed, is a female about 3-4 weeks into flowering (2 weeks since getting the first white hairs). It is in 50% miracle grow and 50% pearlite, in a 4gal bucket.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    what I so far am planning on doing: putting in my air purifier and point the exhaust at the plant(it will act as a big fan) wait until the top 3in of soil is dry(last time I waited until the top 2in was dry and I got the pictured results). I don't want to make another dumb move, please help.<o:p></o:p>
    Hell, I'm tempted to replant in some fresh new soil with pearlite... (See what I mean please stop me from making more stupid moves)

Attached Files:

2. could it be a N or MG deficiency?

3. Ok im am definatly thinking N deficiancy. I only supplied N to my plants though urine, and i only did that twice during veg. I still have some new growth that quickly develops female buds. So im thinking its needing N for for all of this new growth and the only place it can get some is from the leaves.

am i right?

4. Ok im am definatly thinking N deficiancy. I only supplied N to my plants though urine, and i only did that twice during veg. I still have some new growth that quickly develops female buds. So im thinking its needing N for for all of this new growth and the only place it can get some is from the leaves.

am i right? i k

5. don't use urine. yes, it has nitrogen. it also has a bunch of salt and other wastes in it (uric acid) that you don't want in your soil.

flush those things and get some real nutes.

6. 1-24-8 seems like a really high amount of P and not near enough N. I used to use 10-2-1 and had great results. (P is the middle one, right? Never can remember except N is the first #)

7. He's 3-4 weeks into flowering and needs higher phosphorous (the middle number, P in the ol' N-P-K formula).

I don't know what P overload looks like, but if those plant spikes dissolved quickly into the soil then sounds like you probably have way too much high-P fertilizer bombarding your roots.

8. I agree toasty. Take those spikes out of the soil. Scratch that, they have already dissolved. The problem with those spikes is you have no control over how much and when they get ferted. You are also over-watering and have a P or N toxicity. Hopefully your Miricle Grow soil does not have any added nutes because that will add to the overdose. You should have a fan blowing at the plants 24/7 in addition to the exhaust.

9. i dont think its a nitrogen deficiency, normally that would cause yellow spots on your leaves, but they look nice en green to me, even though their drooping like crazy.

10. update: the leafs that were drooping are drying up, is it now a deficiency or an overdose?

11. Miracle grow spikes i can bet....

N def, does not shrivel up leaves like that, just turn yellow... thats burn.

12. he didn't say "deficiency" he said "toxicity" = too much

13. i am unable to correct the problem, and have even tried to fix the ph but have been unsucessful. I have reason to believe that this is a miracle gro problem. Is it safe to transplant to a different pot with natural soil and pearlite?

14. Yes.
    Transplant out of Miricle Grow ASAP. Do NOT use Shultz, or Scott's for the same reason.

15. definitly get them out of that soil IMMEDIATELY and give a super through flush the moment you get the re-transplanted. Dont ever use urine in the plants, although its high in nitrogen and ammnoia, its full of bacteria and byproducts that harm the plants. Get a bloom fertilizer!

FLEX

16. I transplanted out into new soil, and flushed.

This is what i get today!!!! help what can i do to save them?

half of the leaves are shrivled up, the only ones that are not are the ones by the buds.

Attached Files:

17. i tested the ph of the old soil and it was 4!

should i fert it? it looks like it needs a buch, my choices are All purpose mircacle gro, or those tomatoe steaks. If i used the tomatoe steaks i will dilute about 1/4 in a bunch of water and spray it on the plant.

what should i do... some of the hairs are browning, but its dieing on me!!!

18. Popo,
    I am very sorry this happened man. I don't think we can save her. Don't worry man. There is always next time. Read the second line in my signature. Now you know what to do and what not to do. Refer to this thread again later if you need to. Start up another batch and better luck next time.

19. Most urine is sterile.

20. it actually seems to be doing better... should i spary the remaining leaves with a very dilute fert?

Grasscity Deals Near You