flowering my white widow but not enough light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by irepdaronx, Sep 10, 2009.

1. I have 5 white label white widow plants that have been on 12/12 cycle for almost 4 weeks now. They took awhile to sex but they finally have hit their stride. Im using one 1000 watt hps lamp with vigor and bloom for nutes and i have mylar on the walls. As you can see in the pic below the buds are starting to look pretty but the thing is some of the plants got to big because i vegged to long and the huge monster girls are sucking up all the light. I had to tie like 3 of the girls down because their over 6 foot a piece so parts of some other plants arent getting light and those buds are barley developed. I know i should rotate them daily but its a bitch because their tied down so does anyone have any advice on how to get light to the underdeveloped buds? Heres a nice pic below!

[​IMG]

2. #2 tyrone biggums, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
    you can put something under the pots of smaller plants to raise them up. just make sure its sturdy.

edit oh i see 1k watt. i top my plants to keep em in line but its to late for that. i'd say just raise the plants you want higher with some boxes or some shit. if youre in single pots that is.

3. The plants are'nt too low their just out of the light because im talking about the backsides were there are underdeveloped buds that arent getting light. I try to rotate them but some of them are so busy no matter what i do theyre not getting light on the lower halfs on a couple of them!

4. put lights in the bottom of your grow space. Higher wattage up top to keep the plants erect and healthy, supplemental lights on the bottom or sides to get those hard to reach spots under the canopy shade.

5. yah mine don't get light on some of the lower branches because i didnt cut them in time. either add light to the side/bottom like genius said or make hash like me. i'll be maiking lots of tasty sensi and kush qwiso this harvest.. not a bad thing. ;)

6. I would suggest getting a few 85 wat dual spectrum II's from stealth hydro and just point them on the sides of the plants. They are by far the best CFLs i have found and are fairly inexpensive for the results they provide. Buy hey, thats one man's opion right?

Good luck with it bro