Flowering Mother Plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xCrazYBuds, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Should I flower my mother plants? I have gotten clones from them, they are just not rooted. Or should I wait?

2. If you are sure of your cloning method and have a good record of success, go ahead. Otherwise I would wait.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. You can always cut a clone from that mother plant when its in flower .
    There is zero need to wait . The clone will root for two weeks then veg for another 4 or so weeks typical . Then flip to flower .

4. I would never recommend rooting a flowering cut. Especially if there is flower on it.
    You now have to deal with a revegging plant afterrrrrr it roots, it took mine 6 weeks to completely set into new growth from cut on a flowering plant.

Op
    Make sure Your rooting is good before you flower her, depending on strain, you might have a day or two after flip before your flower set, or a week plus.
    So just make sure your rooting. It makes things easier. Another week of veg can’t hurt her worst case

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. yep wait till your clones have roots.
    I made the same mistake of flowering after i took 5 clones of two hgk plants and only two clones got roots after two weeks but even those arent looking healthy. I wasnt using a heat mat and its cold here.Lesson learned.

The plants were the last of my holy grail kush seeds. i have other seeds of different strains but hgk is one of my faves ive ever grown and smoked.

6. Is that not what i said ? 6 weeks needed before its ready to be sent back into the 12/12
    We will agree to disagree here. I will put in a what if . ..
    What if a person were using reg not fem seeds . This plant would NOT show sex in veg ! What does a grower doo ? They need this mother plant to be cut up into many small pieces to make many clones ..
    Well a person that has skill would not risk cutting many clones off this unknow sex.
    A skilled person would put it into flower . Watch it very closely in about 10 days more or less it will show its sex.
    The grower takes the plant out and knows for sure its female . This is done by many big growers . There not playing games risking wasted time and money.
    There is nothing wrong with putting a plant in flower and taking cuttings later . This is why we agree to disagree i respect your opinion .