Flowering Metal Halide

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kotton-Mouth, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Would anyone know what 1 plant will produce on average budding under a 400w metal halide?
    There is 9 plants in total

2. No guess. Depends on whether you know what the hell you're doing - variety - lighting - LST or SCroG, the list goes on. I could totally fuck up a 400w MH grow wiuth nine plants and get a 28gm harvest or rock on it and get 2 pounds.

3. #3 hipster, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
    You sound like I was! lol I've done 9 before with a 400w MH in 6"-8" pots and I probably would have gotten the SAME THING with 4 plants in three gallon pots, or better. Probably MUCH better ;) 100w per plant, there's really no getting around that in Flowering.

Vegging is whole different story, and you can do a bunch with 400w. They take up less room depending on how you do it.

My yield with 9? 1/4 oz per plant, tops.

4. You need a high pressure sodium to flower. A metal halide is the wrong color spectrum for your plant when flowering.

5. idk if the make a conversion bulb for MH to HPS but you could take a look for those, it would be better, i think ive seen MH bulb made for the red spectrum but idk....

6. #6 hipster, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
    If I remember correctly a 400w HPS "conversion bulb" in a 400w MH ballast takes the wattage down to 360w. Plus they're expensive as hell and not readily available if you need a replacement in a hurry. That's one of the reasons I didn't go that route and just got a separate 600w HPS.

7. It will work all the way but just not as good as HPS all the way if you only use one or the other.

8. id rather take a watt cut and have the correct red spectrum so the buds will be best.

9. #9 hipster, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
    To each their own! I want a 100w per plant in Flowering, ACTUAL! 360w doesn't cut it for me, not even. :D