Flowering males

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PhishPhood, Sep 19, 2010.

1. So Ive searched high and low, and I cant actually find any info on flowering a male plant.

I started 3 plants a while back assuming atleast one would be female. Throughout the growing one died during transplant, and one was a runt. 3 or so inches tall while the other remaining plant was about 8.

All I have left is the 8inch and I just switched to 12/12. (Remember this is my first grow and more of a trial and error for knowledge for next time).

Anyway, I am about a week into 12/12 so I should know the sex within a few days or a week. If it turns out to be male should I just chop it, or continue it flowering.

The only pictures I can find of flowered male plants look like they're all pollen sacks and no actual flowers.

2. How long did you Veg it under 24/0 or 18/6? They can show sex during Veg.

3. The pollen sacks are the flowers. I have never grown a male plant to maturity, but I have head that males do produce trichomes, so if you get one male, you could select some trimmings to make hash..

Also, I don't know how lond you can store pollen for, but you could harvest the pollen to use if you ever wanted to harvest seeds off a female in your growing future.

4. Only about 4 weeks total on 18/6. Like I said, this is a trial run, and it definitely is not showing sex yet.

I just want to know whether its worth it to continue flowering if it is male, which is seems that it is not worth it.

Thanks for the input guys.

5. Ya it's really not worth it, find a friend with a extra female and cross breed those suckas!

6. I've never found males to be worth the effort of making hash. If it's male and your only plant you should ditch it, the only issue is if you want to let it go long enough to harvest some pollen that will allow you to fertilize a female in the future to make your own seed supply for future grows.

7. there is a good possibility it could be female since males show sex faster. just wait and see=] and unless you are going to use the pollen sacs cut the male