Flowering light

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kennethlknight, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Hey guys just wondering how much darkness do you need for flowering to begin I have black out curtains separating my group room between the lights so that one of my plants can flower but. It sill has some light shining through ( see picture) I have this side of the curtain on 12/12 and the other side is on 18/6 is this dark enough? 1470534744201.jpg

2. Complete darkness or you run the risk of hermies

• Like Like x 3
  3. Pitch black

Sent from Cannabis Heaven

4. You could hermie and just breed the two. That's about all your current set up is good for
    No offense.

5. Make a cheap wall with wood panel or something

• Like Like x 1
  6. Very true. But, why take a chance?

Sent from Cannabis Heaven

7. Well I mean I grow in my closet which isn't pitch black, because the doors don't close all the way, but it's not enough light to trigger the plant. If I had a tent I would keep it closed with the lights off but it doesn't need pitch black. Also I read the only light that the plant can't use is green light.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. What you have in the picture is fine. I've been doing it with approximately the same amount of light seeping in for 10 years and never had a problem. I end up with anywhere from 10 to 14 ounces of beautiful dank bud per plant. Good growing to ya.