flowering in veg mode

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mindlesskracker, Sep 24, 2006.

1. what will cause a plant to start shooting hairs when its under 18/6 and only do it for about 2 days then continue vegitating???:confused::confused::confused:

2. im pretty sure you'l lfind nothing will exept gonig down to a 12/12 or similar. i take it, if ur trying to test for male and females? you can (VERY CAREFULLY) cause a single branch to flower by keeping it covered in areated opaque paper and giving it a 12/12 cycle. it wil ltake a while (1 week+ i belive) for you to be able to determine its sex. or take a clone of the plant (grow it abit) and put that under 12/12, thats obviosuly gonig ot take considerable amonuts of time. what exactly is your aim from doing this?

3. What you are seeing is most likely preflowers. These start shooting out when the plant is sexually mature despite the light cycle. Only a few hairs will pop out, just so the plant can show you its sex. It is still vegging though, and will only start to flower when u pop it under 12/12.

Basically it just means you have a healthy mature girl my friend. Congrats.

4. haha ok i misunderstood your question! glhf

5. thanks man, it did it to my ak-47 when it was pritty big and it did to to all the clones that i took off it and it did it today to a plant like 1ft tall and not bushy skinny plant .

6. lol its cool thx for the tip on flowering a part of the plant ..never thaught of that
    :)