flowering in April

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by oldladyRincon, May 4, 2018.

1. First time thread, first time grower. I grew one plant a year ago just for fun on an apartment balcony with 8 hours of sunlight. It was an awesome first-time experience. This year, we moved to a house with more sunlight exposure in the backyard, and I planted 2 seeds in a sunny location, the last week of February. The plants got pretty big but one of the plants stsrted flowering by the end of March. I did some research, and got so many mixed advice because people think I had it in a grow room... I literally just put them in the ground, never had it in any special room with lights, and the other plant is still in veg stage. My husband and I decided to let it do it's thing, and we will learn from it..
    Now it's May and it's starting to grow single leaves.

Anyone have advice, tips, or just information so we understand what we are doing, lol.

I appreciate it!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Its flowering because there is too many hours of dark right now.
    As the days get longer it should revert back to vegetative growth.
    You can speed this up by giving it some extra light.
    I have cheap shop lamps with 100 watt bulbs on a timer for mine.
    They turn on at 8pm and turn off at 10pm.
    By giving your plants a nice long veg season, you have the potential to harvest pounds instead of a few ounces.

3. I understand that part but the fact that there's 2, ones flowering and ones in vegetative stage, and they receive the same amount of light/darkness is what has me confused. 1525459292871-951908703.jpg
    If we continue to let it flower, how do you know it's ready to harvest?