flowering help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by james88uk, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Hi
    I have no idea when my plants are ready for harvest as this is my first ever grow
    I am 46 days at midnight into the 12/12 cycle so im about 3 days off 7 weeks flowering
    The strain is EARLY SKUNK #1

I dont know the strain flowering time its early skunk so i know its ment to be 2 weeks earlier to flower than original
    I have no magnifine glass to check tricromes !!!

2. pics please. Not HPS lighting, let's see the whole plant don't try to get an impossible in-focus closeup of one bud.

3. #3 Joker1121, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
    If you cannot get a 60X magnifier you'll pretty much have to guess. Mate, you've had the whole veg/flower cycle of the plant to get a magnifier. Doesn't cost much for a 60X jewelers loupe. Do you want to do this right? Harvest and cure is so important- you can easily waste all the work you have done with an untimely harvest. Google when to harvest without checking trichomes. There are still plenty of old references that talk about using the pistils color to time your harvest. Good luck, mate. Please order a jewelers loupe- you can get one in one or two days from Amazon.
    Here's a Google search answer- sorry, forgot to remember the source, but it's from last year.

"Don't rely solely on trichomes for harvesting.

1: Pistils. Is she throwing out tons of new pistils, or is she just popping a few whities here and there, mostly at the tops of the buds, with an overall red appearance? If still popping out a lot of new pistils, she may have a little longer to go just yet.

2: Buds. Are they still growing noticeably, or does it seem they've stopped growing? If still growing noticeably, the plant has more time left to go. Don't shortchange yourself by getting impatient for the chop!

3: Appearance. Does the plant have an autumnal appearance? Especially once the major fan leaves begin yellowing, then you know you're nearing that finish line. This may be a more or less reliable metric depending on how you feed. Many folks continue pushing N long into flower, possibly all the way through, depending on their fertilizing regimen, and that can cause the plants to retain an overall bright green coloration. That makes this metric a little less reliable if taken on its own.

4: Water/fertilizer consumption. If it's still taking in a lot of water, it's still transpiring actively, which would suggest it's still growing actively. If it's still 'eating' as it was during the earlier phases of flower, then again, she likely still has some time. If it seems to have stopped drinking and eating, as some put it, then it's likely done."