Flowering / Harvest Question - Trich Color (2 weeks already amber?)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Probst, Oct 17, 2010.

1. #1 Probst, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2010
    Thanks for checking the post out!

TL;DR: Girls have been flowering for about two weeks. At least one trich has already turned amber in color. Also, plants haven't grown an inch (higher at least) while I've flowered contrary to what I have read. Perhaps this will lead to denser buds?

Background:

I have been flowering my two plants for about two weeks. I have two different soils for two different females. One is a simple mix without any nutrients in it, and another is Miracle grow. The one without nutrients is looking really light green, where as the other is much darker in comparison. I had some calcium problems but got those sorted out before flowering using ground up sea-shells.
    As for the moment, everything looks great. I tried using a magnifying glass to see the trichs, but it wasn't powerful enough; I ended up making a jeweler's monocle out of a telescope I had laying around the house. Surprisingly I can see pretty good detail, enough to discern if the trichs are clear, cloudy or amber in color.

Question:
    The lighter green plant is already displaying at least one amber trich, how much longer should I flower under 40W CFL(x2), and a 20W CFL(x1)?
    The darker green plant has started to establish trichs, and is building rapidly. I suppose trich growth has been retarded by the levels of nitrogen in the soil.

Also I had expected my plants to "triple in size" from what my research across threads / growing guides / books; this never occurred during flowering. My plants have grown maybe 1/2 an inch from when I measured before I started flowering (8" tall from the soil in a 1 gallon container.) Thoughts?

2. the more amber the trichs the more of a couch lock it is.

cloudy and its that energetic lets do shit high

3. Thank you for the reply. I understand what color trichs do what, my question is I am only about two weeks into flowering. I have read that there is usually a four week minimum flowering time. I am trying to discern if:

I should continue flowering, or harvest the girl that is already starting to show at least one amber trich that I have found? (I like a more uppity type high.)

4. Update:

Went through the entire plant, found about a dozen amber colored trichomes. I'm hesitant to do anything without a second opinion. I went through the forums, but found nothing. A majority of the grows I have read about flower for at least 45 days. I can't figure out what the hell is going on with my plants. When can I expect them to begin rapidly growing? Should I keep flowering, or attempt to harvest?

5. I would say it's just a freaky plant and keep flowering it out man :wave:.

6. one amber trich out of like 2 million is okay man, its once they all start to change then chop her down

7. I appreciate the responses and this definitely answers my questions. I trimmed some of the larger fan leaves sometime last week. (I forgot to mention it in my previous posts.) I was told on another board which I posted the same question that I should add more lights (right now I have 100watts trained on my two plants, two 40W above, and 1 20W at the side on the buds.), and probably change out the soil, and start supplementing with P/K, and increase the feedings. If I do this, should I expect more growth?; is there just a pause between growth from vegging to flowering, then it picks up in growth? This is my first time ever growing. I've done a lot of research, don't get me wrong, sorry to sound like a complete noob.

8. I may be way off base here but after two weeks of flowering you shouldn't even be seeing any buds and barely any pistols let alone trichoms.

9. it takes 2 weeks to sex a plant. are you growing automatics?:smoke:

10. go with the advice stated and as you already know more light is required during flowering...Also make sure your Cfls are 2700kelvin warm color which helps promote flowering and resin production. if you can afford to or can find one locally a 150 watt or 250 watt HPS would really help your yeilds at this point in flowering

either way you made it to flowering so great job man!

11. it seems like you are asking about Streching which occurs at the onset of flowering when you switch to 12/12 the first week or two they strech and sometimes double in size. Indicas do not strech nearly as much as Sativas like Durbin Poison or Super Lemon Haze as these plants can double or triple in size...but i think first you need more light