flowering grow light help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by asik, Oct 30, 2007.

1. ok i have a 48 inch flouresent fixture that holds 4 bulbs they currently have the daylight (blue) light in them for the vegitave phase, but from what i have been reading it seems i need the red bulbs, does anybody if this is the best bulb to use for this? and it would also be nice to know the color temp for them or if they even make the red lights that big... i am also wondering will this be enough light? i have a few cfl fixtures if i need them

2. Yes red light is the best for flowering, however some people still use a mixed spectrum

ATM I'm flowering under a 3000k and a 4100k tubes and 4 2700k 42w CFLs

GL

3. thanks alot:) i am new to using the flouresents, my ballast broke on my hps so i am stuck using these for a while.. the lights i am currently using are 6000 do you think i should only put two reds in untill the first two weeks of flowering are over? (i heard the blue is the best for veg and its only day 4 of flowering, so it wont start budding for atleast a week)

4. Change to red now so it senses the spectrum change. You can mix the spectrum if you'd like.
    If you're in the states, check Craigslist for a used ballast. There's always cheap growing material for sale.