flowering early?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by allday00, May 20, 2017.

1. So I noticed it has started flowering early, wanted to know if this is ok for it to.. I seen sone ppl say to give it more light is this true?? I just switched food to foxfarm big bloom. Any advice I would appreciate. Kinda new to the outdoor. On the east coast

Attached Files:

2. When you grow plants outside, you can't put them out into natural sunlight until you know for darn sure there are more than 12 hours of good enough light that the plant considers it useful. Anything under 12 hrs will throw your plants into flower...which is what you have here. Might as well start over. You've still got plenty of time this growing season. But revegging them is very difficult and honestly, I've never gotten one to live even. We generally don't even start putting ours out until the very end of May, first of June. We start them inside and keep them growing under T5's until then. I've made the same mistake myself before so don't feel like the lone ranger there. LOL TWW

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 14.5 is the actual trigger point for cannabis at 15 they veg at 14 they flower. What this means is don't put them out till June 1st and time match them at 15-9, 16-8 or 17-7 from the start so they don't jump to flower when you set them out.
    BNW

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. If that were true I wouldn't be able to veg outdoors. We only get 14 hours of light here.

"Generally, if a marijuana plant receives 14 hours of light a day or more, it will stay in the vegetative stage (it will focus more on growing leaves and stems without any buds)."

Www.growweedeasy.com

I'd put it back into Veg, if you can under a light 18/6. It's only shot pistills it shouldn't be hard to reveg it.

5. I'm in So Ca, 1st grow, white widow fem from seed, sprouted march, set out mid may into 25 gallon containers. Started to flower (pistils) 5-24! How do you "re-veg" outdoor when the containers are now too big to bring back indoors into LED light they started in? Why not just strip the pistils off? My wife says she's done this with other plant types before with success. If nobody knows maybe I will try one plant and report back. Wind conditions kept me inside longer than I wanted to. Santa Ana winds took several plants on first try in April. One plant that had stalks bent over limp were fortified with blue tape and have recovered very nicely, toped 2x and the fullest plant now.

6. What about just pulling the pistils off. Now just 2-3mm long. But on all plants! Even though they are outside. But, they were getting 18-6 before replanting, so now about 14-10 but JUNE GLOOM is here already! Cold and windy for socal! I thought this thing was a weed! It acts like a primadonna who missed her tanning appointment! What other things can one do to re-trigger veg?

7. I don't understand the suggestion: "15-9, 16-8 or 17-7 from the start so they don't jump to flower" please explain. Adjusting the light timing? You have more influence with the sun than I do. So many threads I read seem to confuse indoor techniques with outdoor. The vast majority of growers seem to be indoor. I guess because of the privacy issue. So how does one influence re-vegging OUTDOORS? I'm in pots but they are too big to bring indoors.

8. Leave her outside it will reveg give it a couple weeks, check out my journal I have a couple revegged plants going now. Don't pull any pistills off. :smoke:

9. I won't thanks. Most seem to think it will just fix itself. I have experience and success with roses and tomatoes so I should be good at this right?? I think rose pruning techniques (maximizing flowers and removing crossing branches and those that do not get good light) should work well on cannabis right?

10. Did not do anything drastic. Kept up high % of N. They never showed the signs described here for re-vegging, just seemed to slow down. Now (6 -14) the suns finally out! I counted flower heads already showing (basically at every terminus) + I've heard more flowers will appear later that would make for a respectable harvest of about 40 flowers per plant. When shall I change fertilizer to "Bloom"? I'm thinking the June 21st, 1st day of summer. What do you think?