Flowering Cycle 12/12 vs. 13/11

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by chitown44, Oct 11, 2004.

1. I've looked through the posts so forgive me if this has been asked. I seem to ask weird questions in here... Anyway...

Long story short, I am in my first grow and one plant has survived. YIPPIE!! I only have a 150 HPS so I'm not expecting grand results but the process has been totally fun.

I am between week 3-4 in flowering and it's coming along pretty nice by looking at other pictures. My question is, can I put my lights at 13 hours dark and 11 hours light? Unfortunately, I have to resort to the cracked closet door method but when it's on the dark cycle, the door is completely closed with no light coming in. The problem is, when I leave for work in the morning, I have to shut the door when the light is on and I know it gets really hot in there. The only way I can minimize this problem is to keep it dark an extra hour. If anybody has any experience with this (good or bad..) please let me know. I've come this far, I don't want to screw things up. THANKS!!

:smoke:

2. You will be fine with 13 hours of dark. What it will do is actually speed up your flowering by a bit. The only way you can really mess your flowering up is if the plant gets more than 13 hours of light. 12/12 is just the main trigger time that will let the plant produce full yield in the same typical time as if it were outdoors. But a plant will flower with only 11 hours of dark......just slower...and it will flower with 13 or even 14 hours of dark....just quicker.