Flowering, but not...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sunflower, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Hey guys,
    This is the scoop. I am doing my first indoor grow. Things went all right with the vegetation stage, but the flowering is weird. I am growing Skunk #1. Well I am about 3 weeks into flowering. I mean that started the flowering 3 weeks ago. Well my baby has yet to change at all. The hours are set on 12. I have noticed that the vegetative growth has stopped. How far into flowering do you start to notice changes in the plant.
    I know that it takes quite a bit more than a month in most strains
    I never had to consider such a thing with an outdoor grow. Is this normal?
    Thanks All,
    PEACE

2. HIGH All, 3 weeks...you should see something by now. Our girls start showing a week into 12/12.

What have you been feeding it?

3. I'm growin the same strain and it took about one and a half week at 12/12 to show flowers

Have you checked for light leaks in your flowering chamber

4. Thanks,
    but yeah, I checked for light leaks and everything. There is nothing. By the way, the lumens definitely aren't the problem, because they are at 2800 per sq foot.
    I checked gender and all... but if ("god" forbid) it were a male, would I see some changes too. I am pretty sure that it would start developing its balls and all.
    Damn!
    All right, and no, it isn't bag seed, it is nirvana. I don't get it.

Any other idea?
    PEACE

I will keep you posted if there are some changes.

5. Hey all,
    here is a picture of her about a week ago. I had to remove the lights, and the exhaust so I could get a clear picture.

SHe is about 2 1/2 feet tall.

PEACE

6. dammit, here...

Attached Files:

7. Hey guys,
    still no major change. Any ideas? At this point... Any suggestions? Should I just wait. I mean, she isn't dying, growing, or flowering.

PEACE,
    a sad hippie

8. what size pot are you working with? 3 weeks does seem to be a long time.

9. The pot is about 5 gallons or so. Right around there.

Is there a possibility that the lumens are too low? Would that make flowering delay?

Thanks
    PEACE,

10. Im know expert but i would say light leaking issues, I have read that the tinyest amount of light will revert your flowering plant back into veg, cant think of anything else, p.s might have been exposed accidently without you even realising.

Peace...

11. Only thing i can suggest is to change ur hours to 11/13.

12. a quick look at the pic seems to show leaves high up the plant with only 3 blades, is this the case or my tired eyes?

if the plant does have 3 and 5 bladed leaves high up wheen it has in the past grown 7 or 9 bladed leaves then this is a clasic sign of a plant that has been in flower and reverted to veg.

gotta b a light leak problem. if u can find it and fix it then do it, if not then going to 13/11 will help a little even tho i think dd gave that advice becuse some plants do need more dark than light to flower, watch for hermies when in flower.

13. Good, good, Sort of.
    I am sure that there is absolutely no light leak, unless my timer is malfunctioning. This as you could probably tell is in my closet, which remains closed all of the time during the week. Then it is inside a box. Since I live at home there can be no leak to the outside. There isn't so there definitely isn't inside to the outside. I will check all of the out again.

I just increased the lumens to around 3000, the exhaust rate, and reduced the amount of light hours.

Thanks for all of the advice... I will get back to you in about 1-2 weeks with the results.

Peace,

14. well it looks to me that there isnt sufficent light to start a flowering process. large internode area, thug got the small leaf size and # of blades, and certainly 3000lumes isnt many, i have 3 plants and have over 70,000lumes. i figure i have about 24 cuft of grow space and that gives me a tad over 3000lumes per cuft.

certainly the plant isnt mature enough to flower...hight isnt a factor in sexual maturity. my guess here is that u got an outdoor strain and the combo of lack of light is sexually stunting the plant.

cure = 3000 lumes per cuft of space. u had mentioned that u had 3000 lumes per sqft. cuft and sqft diff. u say that its about 2.5 ft tall. that means that u should have about 12000-15000 lumes or a 100w of hps or MH. which brings us to the million$ question...what kind of light are u using???

if u are truely getting 2000-3000 lumes per cuft of quality light, well then u got some mutant from hell.

15. I am using flouros that are about 1400 per light. I used them by sq., because I could not figure out all of the cubic stuff. the grow area is about 1.5x1.5x3
    The strip lights a bit over 1.5 ft. So if I have 4 total that makes appox. 2800 not counting the overlapping areas.
    I just recently added 2more lights and will find out if this is the problem in a week or so. I am almost certain this is not.

You mentioned that it may not be mature enough, but I doubt that, because she is over 3 monthes old. I believe that there is a problem with growing the outdoor strain inside (if that is possible), because that is the only possible resolution.

In a week I will post the results.
    Peace

16. im sorry but im not understanding...

u have 1 plant that has 2 floro strip lights?

and this plant is how tall?

but all that doesnt matter. 2800 lumes is no where near enough 5600 lumes is no where near enough. u should have 10000+ lumes for a 2ft tall plant at least.

4 x 4ft strip lights x 2 strip bulbs might be enough, i think that comes out to about 9800 lumes.

and again...maturity doesnt have anything to do with chronological age or height. it has to do with the plant getting to a maturity stage. if u have very little light and starve ur plant...it could be 8 feet tall and still not be mature enough.

also cuft is easy to figure out. w x l x h = volumn in cu ft.

17. The plant has been receiving plenty of light and nutrition. Plus the soil is extremely fertile.
    I have 2 lights per ft. kind of. More like 2.5 light per ft.
    I've read several grow guides that state 2500 is a bare minimum,but 3000 would be great.
    Did I miss read this?

2500 lumens psf should be a good target, and 3000 is optimal if your going to inject or enrich CO2 levels (more on that later).
    http://www.geocities.com/quickgrowguide/
    second paragraph of the light section.

is this veritable?
    Peace

18. my suggestion
    take 16-20 clones off her. read up on as much cloning & SOG material as possible. if this is a female you'll reap a tony tiger harvest (gggrreat). if it turns to be a male you will have gained a wealth of knowledge & experience.

BTW, you should have atleast 110w floro & 6800 total lumens.

Have Fun, Dirt

19. 2500 lumens psf should be a good target, and 3000 is optimal if your going to inject or enrich CO2 levels (more on that later).

that should read....2500 lumes per cu ft. not sq ft.

to make sure u have enough light;

get out a measureing device...like a yard stick.

measure the height, length and width of ur grow area.

then describe in detail what are the lights that u are using.

other than that...i dont how to help u any more than that. u keep saying that u have enough light yet ur plant isnt flowering...so obviously sumthin is wrong.

the grow area is about 1.5x1.5x3
    The strip lights a bit over 1.5 ft. So if I have 4 total that makes appox. 2800 not counting the overlapping areas.
    I just recently added 2more lights and will find out if this is the problem in a week or so. I am almost certain this is not.

if that is ur exact area that u have measured...then u have 6.75 cuft of space...for that much space u need between 18000 and 24000 lumes of light.

and if that is the case...no way in hell 2 strip lights are gonna do it...u need 12 of them or 24 bulbs.