flowering and some questions... pleaze help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gazymo, Jul 3, 2007.

1. i've been flowering over 2 weeks now and none of my plants are showing any signs of sex... and they are growing tallllll... my largest plant is like 2 months old... and he grows about 1.5" tall a day... could this be cause my lights are good enough... cause i'm so pissed about my hps/mh light being too hot... i don't see how anyone use these lights any other suggestions on lights ? i'm going to home depot today... prolly gonna buy some cfls... could someone let me know what kinda i should get... cause i think the ones i got suck... don't seem bright enough.... and on my largest plant... the bottom leaves keep dying... the lowest will die and as soon as they are completely dead.. the next set will start dying... why is this ?
    i appreciate all the help i recieve
    Gazy~

2. how many tiers of leaves have you lost?

You can get CFL's at wallmart pretty cheap too.
    I got some 2-paks, of the 6500k, 26w bulbs (100w incandecent) for $6.44.
    But you need the 2700k SW bulbs for flowering. I would quess they are the same price or cheaper.

Have you checked out Kamels CFL guide in the indoor grow section of this forum?????

3. Have you thought about proper ventalaition?weaker lights meen less bud.CFLs will produce decent buds.but no cfl set up of equal wattage can top A HPS/MH

4. with the hps/mh i had... i had 2 20" fans one blowing in on the bottom of the door and one blowing out the top door... and an exhaust thing under the light with a fan sucking the hot air out... i had the light 4' from the plants and it still was 110 in there and killed 3 of my plants... i dont see how anyone uses a light like that... i just want a cheap light that will grow my plants without making them stretch a mile

5. Good god man, unless your space is super duper small your light/ballast has a major problem. It shouldnt be anywhere near that hot, especially not if you have the ventilation like you say you do. what are ambient air temps? unless your intake air is in the 80's or better I would think about getting a better HID light setup.