flowering 8-10 weeks??????????

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jayjay5396, Oct 6, 2011.

1. please tell me what flowering 8-10 weeks means, i know flowering is budding its the 8-10 weeks. Does it mean if i plant now about 9 weeks later i'll see bud or does it mean thats how long there is between budding to harvest?

2. budding to harvest

3. thank ;) you i got 3 feminized Big Bud XXL seedlings almost ready to plant not sure if they auto but just wondering when i'll have my smoke:smoke:

4. 3.75-4.75months depending on how long you veg them for, also accounting for 1 week of drying/curing.

5. they going on 12/12 under 400w HPS as soon as i see leaf, i know thats not the best thing to do but i cant afford to keep the light on for longer energy prices are way to high here, i use about $20 per week without the light i'm not stealing power thats bad karma. my northern lights worked out fine on 12/12 all the way maybe these will too?

6. I also wouldn't 100% believe what the breeders say, ask around and see if anyone else on the site have ran that strain and done 12/12 from seed before...ive done neither lol

7. i shouldnt of got this grow light but i was abit skeptical about CFL and haven seen a 600w HPS grow plants thats what made me get it bad move in my situation took 4 months just to save up for it

8. have you even done the math on how much your bill will increase with the light running 18/6 or somethin? and givin em some time to veg (which you could really make your money back with product you arent buying on a weekly basis)

9. atm i only get 1.7g of weed fortnightly thats it this is the reason im trying to grow so i can smoke more with the maths all i know is without the light its around $20 lasts 7 days but with the light on 12/12 $20 only lasts 4 days whats 18/6 gonna do to my limited power

10. the 18/6 would allow you to not run 24/7 and would allow you to veg em out and get a way better yield with only 6 more hours a day of use...but thats just what i would do. if you are ok with the way smaller yield with goin 12/12 from seed than good on ya...and since you only smoke maybe a gram a week the smaller yield wont mean much...but think about it. you could get 2+ ounces easily off a plant if you grow it semi-decently...how long would that last you?

11. 2 OZ maybe a month but this big bud is meant to be a high yeilder 600g thats 28 OZ ok i wont get that but i should still get a alot, never weighed my northern light but i got alot more than i expected from just 1 female 15 weeks is all it took from seed to harvest that lasted me a few weeks smoken every day morning till night tasted good and felt great sorry i shouldnt of asked im just a waste of time really sorry

12. naw man, its all good. hope ya post up some pics for us, I wanna see how a 12/12 from seed grow can go with the big bud xxl strain

13. ok m8 i will do they only just germinated started them 3 days ago gonna leave them germinating for a few more days, i have planted early before n lost seed gonna wait till these are a lil stronger

14. dude, veg the shit outta them with cfl's even start flowering with cfl's / floro. its cheap as shit!
    then when u start to see nug throw them under 12/12 on your hps. cheap and easy.

15. will 1 of these do it
    [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/GreenLamp-Spectrum-6400k-light-Bayonet/dp/B004G6XFMY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317895095&sr=8-1]GreenLamp 45w Blue Spectrum 6400k CFL grow light lamp bulb Bayonet B22: Amazon.co.uk: Lighting[/ame]

16. if you are gonna take dudes idea and veg em under cfl's id say use 2 of those.

17. that means i need about $70 i dont have it :(

18. #18 Kroptonik, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2011
    bummer man, 12/12 these badgirls if ya gotta, but in the future be aware that it does cost $$ to get this shit done ;) . but now that you've gone ahead and bought the stuff its goin to be cheaper from now on but be willing in the future to let them get 18/6 or 24/0 for at least a month so you can get bigger yields. it may add to the electric bill, but you actually make that much back++ with howmuch bud you dont have to pay for.

19. and you can umm have other people that need the medicine you are growing donate to you for your time and costs :)

20. the seeds i got free but my HPS was $130 took a few months to get it i suppose i can save up now for my next grow n get CFL n do CFL all the way it looks like its gonna be cheaper how many red and blues do i need for a full grow??? only gonna do 3 at a time thats all the space i have