Flowerbox question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by farside12, Nov 22, 2002.

1. My HPS should arrive in the next few days.

I was wondering if it would be ok to use cardboard painted white on the inside to use as the housing for my flowering area? I wouldn't have the light touching the cardboard at all and I would be venting the hot air using a large fan and a length of dryer vent hose. Would this be ok?

Any help/suggestions, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanx,

Farside12

By the way-- I will be posting my pic updates in a few minutes in "Pic pic hooray". All are welcome to check them out!

:D

2. Do you wish to line pre exsisting walls with this painted board? or actually use it AS the walls?

what dimensions will this 'room' be? how far from the board will the light be? and how many watts is your light?

seems like cardboard would add to the risk of fire... but maybe not, the above info might help to decide wether its a good or not so good idea....

keep em growin.
    take care.

3. This shows a "side view" of what I'm talking about:

Attached Files:

4. Here is a top view (one note-- in the previous drawing, the little brown rectangles you see are flaps of the cardboard wall I would attach to the east wall of the closet):

Attached Files:

5. As for the dimensions of the "flower box" it is:

about 4 feet wide

about 6-6 1/2 feet tall at tallest point, 4 to 4 1/2 feet tall at it's lowest point (where it bends to go straight down towards the floor).

about 3 1/2 - 4 feet from the bottom part of cardboard wall (the part that rests on the crates) to the back (or north) wall of the closet.

Hope this helps.

Farside12