flower with mostly daylight cfl's???????

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by smokinweeds, Feb 6, 2010.

1. well hello all.

well im gonna just start out by explaining my question a lil more. i am going to try and grow using the dutch method. ( 12/12 light from seed) but i have let one plant grow 15 days before i wanna switch the light cuz i herd it will increase the yeild a small amount. but i have to move in a few months so thats y im using the dutch method to grow. and i didnt know i had to move when i started the grow so that leads me to the next part of this small backround story....... when i started growing i was gonna vegg at 18 light and 6 dark so was only buying daylight bulbs 6500k. but now that i have to move i need my plants to grow a lil faster so thats why i wanna experiment with the dutch method. one of my 6500k bulbs broke so i replaced it with a 2700k light... oo and sorry almost forgot to tell you what lights i have lol. i have 3 , 26watt 6500k cfls and i have 1 , 23watt 2700k cfl. and i will be buying 4 more in like 10 days. but i just wanted to know if i could change the light to 12/ 12 now and just add the lights in a few days. or if the spectrom of the 6500k lights is to wrong, and wont give enough of the red spectrom the plant needs to flower.... well i would greatle appriciate a responce, please and thx for all posts.

2. the more 2700ks you have the better, but it will flower either way under a 12/12 light regimen. All depending how big you want the end product to be will determine how big to veg for, usually they grow an additional 35-55%, but some varietes can get to 75-100% bigger.. usually its about double though. Many people will like to "pre-flower" before onset of a 12/12 but this isn't nessecary either.

--One thing about flowering, while the HPS might be a better bulb to flower with (in the HID family of lights) adding additional MH or light in the BLUE that will help mucho as well, so maybe go half and half? or 3 2700k and 1 6500k, red promotes flowering, while blue promotes veg., having that blue in with it, the plants like it alot.

3. Yea it'll be fine you can start it like it is now.

4. thx for the post.... ya i know what the plant wants ( spectrom wise) but i just can buy the other lights for about 10 days... i didnt want to have to flower so soon but i dont have much of a choice. i just needed to know if she would be alright flowering for a few days with 1 2700k and 3 6500k. and i will switch to 3 2700k and 1 6500k in 10 days. but what exactly is this pre- flowering thing? and im not to worried about size, i just want this plant to grow. i will grow bigger and more plants with better lights after i move... money is just tight right now. the plant i have that i wanna change to 12/12 and start using the dutch method is only about 2 or 3 inches and on her 3ed set of leafs growing 3 leafs per sprout

5. yeah you will be fine. Pre-flowering, is somewhat of an indication (if growing from seed) to tell weather its a male or female before going to 12/12, under a 24/0 or 18/6 after so many weeks of vegging, they will pop out what looks like small caylax's with 1-2 pistils coming out. its not 100% until you go to a 12/12 but a plant that does that has a greter chance of being a female.

Also, some growers wont swith until they hit the pre-flowering stage, they say its premature otherwise, but again, everyone situations is defferent, for what you are doing, again bud at any stage of the plants life. (obviously not right when it pops out from the ground but you know what im getting at ;) )

6. awesome man... thx, ya i cant do the pre flowering thing cuz i dont have the time but great info....