Flower week 6 defoliation? How low ppm?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Bluejays7, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Hi, I am wondering if it's ok to defoliate on week 6 of flower? They are looking really bushy. I also am wondering how low would you let the ppm drop before bucket change if a fresh bucket is at 1100ppm with ppm500?

Thanks.

2. you can defol at any time, but don't do it too much. If a fan leaf is blocking some buds, sure.
    And some physical damage will signal the plant that its under attack (from bugs!) so it upregulated trichome/cannabinoid production (so they say...)

I did some late defoliation this round about, but I kinda had too since the plants were too crowded. ime, if I overdo it, I lose out on yield, the buds don't get as fat. But at the same time, who wants a crop of larf? You can see these effects at Small Spaces where I posted two plants earlier today. Specimen A was defol'd heavily, but specimen B, much less. Doing this allowed the lower buds to receive the light, but the buds on A are thinner.

you mean in hydro? If the EC drops overnight by 50, I would raise the EC by 150. I try to keep the EC from changing and would not let it drop by 600ppm before changing.

3. #3 Bluejays7, Sep 30, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    Thanks for the advice. I ended up defoliating them a little but I think I might have overdone it but I guess I will have to wait and see.

• Like Like x 1
  4. did u check the link? I haven't changed the water for a while. But I will add nutes or RO water as required. I monitor the pH and EC daily; if they move, I try to bring them to the right place. I kinda feel like this when I do it
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1

5. Yes A looks similar to what seems to have happened to mine but even better. I must have defoliated a little to much and a little to late. I eneded up with alot of popcorn bud it looks like. I think I am going to stick with getting everything defoliated before the end of flower week 3 rule next time. Thanks again.

• Agree Agree x 1