Flower W/400 Watts or 600 Watts? (W/Details)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sp33dy36, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Hey, I have two girls growing beautifully for 1 month and 1 week. The question is should I flower at 400 watts or 600 watts?

(Basic Grow Information)

Strains:
    Bubba Kush -
    Heat Sensitive (Like For Serious) lol,
    Semi Pest Resistant, Easily Over/Under Watered, Slow Grow

Special Kush - High/Low Temperature Resistance, Pest Resistance, Fast Grower

Setup:

Tent:
    Secret Jardin DR60II Grow Tent (2x2x5)

Grow System:
    IPower 400 Watt Dimmable Ballast (ON)
    SunLeaves 600 Watt Ballast (OFF)
    IPower 600 Watt Bulb (OFF)
    IPower 400 Watt Hps Bulb
    IPower 400 Watt MH Bulb
    VenTech Inlet/Outlet Fan 240CFM (x2)
    VenTech Fan Speed Controller

Growing Container:
    5 Gallon Smart Pot

Basic Soil Grow:
    Fox Farm Ocean Forest
    Perlite
    Dolomite
    Damascus Earth

2. Basically, would heat be an issue for my two girls with all the information I've given.

3. I'm a noob but here is my information, maybe it will help you.

My room is 3 x 10 x 8h and I have 3 plants under a 400 watt light. The normal room temp is about 60 degrees. When I have my light on the plants are in the low 80's. My fan is about 350 cfm.

All that said I would go with the 400 for your tent size. If possible set it up before hand and see what the temps are for the 600 if you have it already. Then you know for sure.

4. You mention one of the plants is heat sensitive. It's a relatively small space, you wont be able to move the light as high as you need if the plants aren't mega short. I suggest you stick to the 400 tbh, there's less risk.

5. Get a cool tube or an air cooled reflector for the 600w. I dont see why you are having heat issues already with the inline fan for ventilation... Is your thermometer in direct light or a shaded area?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

6. I am going with 400 Watts.