flower time??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pinkbear, Nov 13, 2011.

1. the plant will get 2/3's bigger in flower... so plan ahead...

2. Top it, wait another 2-3 weeks, then flower. Young plants started from seed don't always respond to 12 12 right away.

3. thanks i topped it on wed. i think i topped it ha. i did what evrything says pick the very top new growth. i cant tell if its growing taller or if the top is just growing new leaves out. looks like its growing leaves out what you think?
    http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j123/layoffmygrill/Mobile Uploads/image-6.jpg
    http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j123/layoffmygrill/Mobile Uploads/1113111234.jpg
    dont have the greatest camera but here 2 pics

i have the room. just dont want some huge monster plant so i will plan on flowering soon.

4. Yup, looks good. I would wait until the six week mark before flowering (two more weeks). It needs more branches if you want to get anything out of it.

5. my origanl plan was to start dec 1. maybe il stick with that plan. running 4 6500k lights right now... got 2 3000k light going to which im going to put in when i start flowering. also going to pick up some molasses. how do i add the molasses to the mix? do i just add it to the soil? or do i mix it in water? doesnt seem like molasses would mix with water?

6. Yeah it's thick for sure. Make sure you use warm (not hot) water and shake or stir like crazy. I would start with 1 tablespoon or less per gallon until you access tolerance.

7. When is it best to start giving your plant molasses? just curious lol

thanks

8. from my understanding i beleve 1-2 weeks into flowering.. could be wrong. but i think its then im going to add it the first day i start flowering

9. question 2? would it be ok to take my plant outside when im flowering it? just a couple of hours a day. in the 12/12 time peroid..

10. [quote name='"pinkbear"']question 2? would it be ok to take my plant outside when im flowering it? just a couple of hours a day. in the 12/12 time peroid..[/quote]

Ummmmm why? Unless it's constant sunlight it will be more of a hassle then it could ever be worth .

11. idk just to get the plant some real sunlight and fresh air.. doesnt seem like to much of a hassle just have to grab the bucket handle and walk it to the back yard.

12. [quote name='"pinkbear"']idk just to get the plant some real sunlight and fresh air.. doesnt seem like to much of a hassle just have to grab the bucket handle and walk it to the back yard.[/quote]

Do as you wish I suppose, the reason being tho is while she's outside bugs could attack, and then be moved inside :( and the temperature fluctuations should be kept very low

13. I've done the outdoors/indoors thing and I suggest against it. I thought I knew better and ended up with mites and flies in the green room. The fluctuation in temperature may also confuse the plant. Mostly, you want to keep your indoor environment sterile and stable. Don't even think about bringing ANY plants from outside inside. Learn from my mistakes or learn the hard way. Happy growing! :)

14. [quote name='"Phenotype"']I've done the outdoors/indoors thing and I suggest against it. I thought I knew better and ended up with mites and flies in the green room. The fluctuation in temperature may also confuse the plant. Mostly, you want to keep your indoor environment sterile and stable. Don't even think about bringing ANY plants from outside inside. Learn from my mistakes or learn the hard way. Happy growing! :)[/quote]

This^

15. You can use black strap throughout the whole grow it won't hurt the plant. I start using on the first feeding after flower begins. You can start flowering now and you would be fine.