Flower time! :D

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by skydog, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Hey guys!

This year i decided to try out a little growing! So far it is turning out half decent and i put my two female plants into flower 1 week ago!

I started out with 3 plants, i began them outdoors in my backyard.. but now that it is getting cooler in my city i was forced to move them indoors. They are looking healthy and i realized 2 out of the 3 are female so i was happy as hell :hello:

Now, they have been indoors for about a week now running 12/12 with a 400 watt HPS lamp. reflector and all the works. Some black and white poly on the walls for reflection. It is being grown in a nice sized closet, lots of room for these two plants to grow.

I went to check on them yesterday and i noticed.. they seem to be wilting down a bit and i found the leaves on the bottom/middle are starting to turn yellow and slightly curl. I was just doin some reading and i think it might be from a little too much watering, BUT then i read further and now im started to think... what if its ROOT BOUND?? how can i tell.. these plants are 3 - 4 feet now and its gonna be hard to transplant them!! anyway to tell if they are 100% rootbound before tryin to switch them over into big pots?? the pots i have are big as it is and the grower i spoke to who sold me all my equipment said these pots would work perfect. Now im starting to question that??

oh ya one otther thing, i noticed theres a lot of little ants running around when i pick up my plants.. im thinkin its coming from the bottom of the soil? whats up with that.. they have been grown outdoors for 3 months before being brought in.. will these ants eat my plants roots??

Any suggestions/opinons would be greatly accepted :) thank you everyone at GC in advanced! :wave:

2. You should be fine with 3 gallon pots, 5 gallons would be more than enough.
    How much time was there between starting the seed and flowering?
    what size pots are they in now?

3. hey man, thanks for the reply.

I started germination of the seeds on May 15 2007, i just put into flower last week (after bringing indoors ) on August 15 2007.

4. This is just my opinion, but I don't think it's EVER a good idea to bring the plants inside once they have been outside. The stress alone could kill/stunt growth.
    Are you still fertalizing? Yellow leaves can be caused by over-fertalization. Stop fertalizing a couple of weeks before harvest, or you will taste it in your bud. I wish you luck :)

5. Is that right? Do you base your opinion on experience or is it something you think you've read weedwoman? because as i can recall i did the same thing last year and the plants were fine. Thanks for tryin to give me some feedback but please dont believe everything you read. Anyways, the problem was the plants had nutrient lock up. Didnt get to them in time unfortunetly.