flower from seed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Adicts0Adict, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Hello All, I am pleased to say that this is my first post on GC.

Anyway, that said, I was wondering if anyone here has ever grown with with this method? When using this method, you start using a 12/12 light cycle.

The plant only gets to be a little bigger than a foot tall when it is ready for harvest. This is ideal if you do not have a vey large grow space. It only takes 2-3 months before your plant is ready to chop down.

I hear the potency as well as the taste are not affected. (I will have to see it to believe it)

I had 1 question though. Can you take a cutting off of the top to start a new plant, or is that not even worth trying because it is so small?

2. High there, I have not used this method but if you do a search you will see that some folks around here do. I have seen some good examples of growing this way but it only suits some strains of course.

You could take a clone or two or reveg the plant but you will be losing some bud sites, I find 12/12 from seeds has many downfalls.

Good luck

3. Welcome, I'm sure it wont be your last. :smoke:

I've done it a few times. Some plants tend to be very leafy and can have weird growth patterns. Overall, it wasnt too bad and I actually got some surprisingly decent yields. I used 1 gal. bags. I've got pics somewhere.

Potency and taste are not effected.

I do it all the time when I grow from seed. 3 weeks veg then I top and place the cutting directly into 12/12 to determine the sex of each plant.

You can veg them and grow them out if you want.

4. You can always go 12/12 from seed, more than likely the plants will be smaller, but it actually depends on when they start to flower. I have had some flower at 3 weeks, others waited almost 5. Its totally dependent upon genetics.

-C

5. #5 Adicts0Adict, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2009
    Good info. This will be a good experiment, I can't wait to see what it yields.

6. #6 blizzt, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2009
    I have three clones that I took from a female at 1 week flower. They rooted in ten days and are now in 1 gal pots and looking good. Funny to see hairs and crsytals on a plant that small!!

Attached Files:

7. Can someone give me ideas on how to prevent light seepage from a 3x3.5 window? I have window blinds that hang down. I need to cover the blinds as well. The window faces the road so I want people on the road to look up at my house and see window blinds in all of my windows. It would look suspicious if one of the windows had cardboard boxes taped to them. I have spent most of the morning trying to cover it, I have tried cutting black trashbags to place over the window, but they were too thin. I then tried a fairly thick blanket, but when I shut the lights off I could see light through the blanket. Can someone give me some pointers.

8. Car windshield covers work ok and you can pick them up at target/walmart etc... cheaply. I use 2 hanging vertically. They are taped to a black sheet which hangs like a curtain. You could also use black trashbag liners, black plastic sheeting etc... Just make sure that the sheet+other material can't be seen through.

9. A car windshield cover, thats interesting, didn't think of that one.