Flouro Closet White Widow grow please advise

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cryptorchi1d, Aug 16, 2006.

1. hey this is my grow so far, i got ten plants from 10 white widow seeds from nirvana via dr. chronic. theyre all doin pretty good but on a few plants the leaves are bending i dont know what this means so if u have any idea what it is or how i can make it better or just any comments please feel free to comment.

Day 12 - probably my best plant so far

[​IMG]

a view of my setup
    [​IMG]

the leaves are bending... why?? what did i do?
    [​IMG]

some more bent leaves
    [​IMG]

2. woops, i meant to say day 8. i dont know where i got 12 from:smoking:

3. the two plants in the small containers are doing some serious stretching. you should be worried about that as well

4. good job, make sure your ready for the next phase

5. next phaze? this is my first grow so im not sure what that is, but i think im going to transplant into same containers more soil cuzz the first time i didnt buy enough and i didnt want to go back to the store. but ill do that and then im thinking about what nutes i need to feed them. i was thinking fox farm but im new and dont really know whats a good thing to buy.:confused:

6. get those floro tubes right down to 1" to 2" away. you will not burn them. at times i had my floros touching leaves, no problems.

7. they are, i lifted the lights so u could see the plants in the pic:hello: nobody knows anything about the leaves slightly bending?

8. what i meant by next phase is get some nutes, some more fluros (flowering phase needs more lighting for decent buds), possibly some ph strips if you want to be extra careful.

you can try some fox farm nutes, i also suggest peters proff. feed, or any miracle grow feed, since your decided to pop all 10 of these seeds, i strongly suggest more fluros or an hps/mh lamp, also some mylar on the walls will help you out, stick a fan in too for circulation

i don't know what type of soil your using, but i suggest redoing the soil, use the same soil for each pot but add some vermiculite and/or perlite for some extra drainage (your choice on this) plus don't be afraid to fill the soil to the top

besides all that, your doing good

9. hey cryptorchi1d, the bending of the leaves is prety common on real young plants. as they grow bigger the leaves should start to grow more uniformly, so i really wouldnt worry. nice grow buy the way, and try to get more light if you can.

later, Shmee

10. thanks everyone for the advise. i know i need more light but im kinda low on funds right now so ill buy more as i grow along.. im thinkin about buyin another shoplight with two more tubes, and getting some more soil and maybe some nutes all this weekend. i dont know when i should start feeding them the nutes, so im open to suggestions.

do u think if i had 8 flouro tubes that are supposed to push 2950 lumens each, would that be enough to last me until flowering? i plan i buying a 250 or 400 w hps for flowering, but thats gonna take some saving up. i hope i can pull all this off in time....:eek:

11. If you get 10 females you will need a 1000 watt hps.
    A 400 watt hps will do 4-6 females. Check out a 400 watt MH/HPS switch able and save up for that. Those are the best. CFL's will do the trick too.

12. i would recommend using 12 fluros, this should give you 35400 lumens which would be a bare minimal for your 10 plants, i also suggest putting these fluro's around it like 4 on the sides and 4 on top (good spacing), this will reduce stretching and give light to those hard to reach areas

your going to want to consider mylar as well, put this stuff up on the walls around the whole area your growing in, so you don't waste any light,

i don't know how hot fluro's get so put in a desktop fan to cool things down and to circulate some air for your plants, this also helps simulate outside wind

"during flowering if you only use only MH light your buds will tend to elongate, be less dense and more fluffy, if you use only sodium, you have the potential for growing shorter and denser buds" this is what i heard from experienced growers, if you want to have a good set of buds, i suggest getting the Son Agro Bulb (53,000 lumens) with your 400 HPS, it has both spectrums for one bulb, also your going to use at least 6 of those fluro's too because you have 10 plants, your gonna need a lot of lighting to get the best results

nutes should be used at low doses, i suggest using nutes when your plant is a bit older, maybe around 3 weeks or 4 weeks of growth, hard to say. a hint i would recommend, pick up some epsom salts (Mg), this is an important secondary nute that is commonly over looked, but if you get peters proff. it should contain secondary nutes as noted on the package otherwise if not pick up epsom

13. concept x9: thanks for all the detailed info and ur help. where does someone obtain some mylar? how much does this stuff cost? ive seen it online, but id rather buy it in person. What do people use this stuff for? do they have it at the home depot?

i dont know if i will have all ten plants in the end. honestly, i based my grow off of chronholics 400w hps ww grow. (its another thread if u havent seen it) and he got the same seeds and only 3 of em lived through the first few weeks, so im supprised that im having such good luck so far.

has anyone else grown with white widow seeds from nirvana?

14. for mylar, its going to be quite the search, i'd say check all your local hardware stores for it, mylar is a highly reflective material, it reflects a decent amount of light & heat too, for growing plants i consider getting a 2 mil thickness, otherwise i recommend ordering it from bghydro (privacy policy)

the way your growing, all 10 of your plants are going to grow since you have a good concept of growing, i as well am currently growing white widow, very nute sensitive strain

15. wal-mart. buy an emergancy blanket it's mylar.

• Like Like x 1
  16. (quote)
    the way your growing, all 10 of your plants are going to grow since you have a good concept of growing, i as well am currently growing white widow, very nute sensitive strain

hey conceptx9, how terribley nute sensitive is white widow? i'll be growing this next time i start from seed. any details or advise? i use 250w mh/ 250w hps system, with soil.

17. hey just wonderin when you put the ferts in do you mix it in with the water cus my ferts say put it around the plants roots n theres lil rocks in it and would not mix with water did i get wrong ferts?

18. well you see my white widow, grew fine without nutes for awhile, it started to show a nitro deficiency out of nowhere, i took half a teaspoon of peters proff, mixed in a .5L bottle (this diluted to a certain degree but still had enough strength), gotta be careful because its easily burnable, just make sure to jump on any first signs of deficiiency but at smell increment dosage treatment

19. What type of fert are you talking about? (Blood meal?, Bone Meal?, etc...) if your talking about bone meals, tiny rocks than thats fine to use, mix at half dosage into the soil and than water. Monitor your plant, btw what type of soil as well?

20. well i havent started growing yet but at first i got this 1 doller soil so that has nothing and then ill b using miracle grow and the ferts is called rootein and it for roses 6 14 12 but is it says mix half cup with dirt for roses im not sure on how to go on with this i just wanna get everything rite befor i start