1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

flourescent lights

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by Boesak, Nov 3, 2001.

1. People say you can use flourescent lights. Do these refer to a specific type of hydro flourescent light or can this be just anyone from a home wares shop. Another thing is what to look for when purchasing flourescent lights? Thanks

2. buy the "Channel lite"s each will hold 1 tube. Reason I say those is they are easy to add 1 at a time,,they can be connected together side by side via a piece of angle steel thus taking up less space than the 2 bulb shop lite..You can use warm white/cool white tubes in combination.I would use no less than 4 tubes,,in a small area.more area..more tubes.

An option I use is 1 gro-lux tube for every 3 other tubes...

3. i use twin bulb 48inch 80 watt with plant & aqarium bulbs! they work great set up this way!i by them new each year so i have safe as well as working lighting!$24shop light and bulbs wont brake you!ilike the tween setit give two paths of light to the plants centerd between them its great for shellves! and young plant up to 4 weeks!also the new light dont need starters there built in!good luck tazz11

4. this is flouro grow with lamps side by side.....

Attached Files:

5. thats the same as my grow lights for my seed room ! cool it looks great! you make me proud grass hoper!but were is the recliner chair and mike hard lemonaid!and the big screen tv ,its not for you ! the plants get the best !tazz11

6. damn ndica how many watts of flours u got?>

7. These have 480w per hood.

8. why dont you convert to hid... you would save a lot of money

9. LOL......Flouros are much better for this stage of the game,,clones. HID would be the next room.

10. lol i seen that come!

11. yep,....
    even I saw that one comming
    peace

12. Shoulda seen it from my end..............LOL

[​IMG]

Grasscity Deals Near You