Flourescent Light Fixtures

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by inkyscratches, Aug 17, 2014.

1. just found a real good yard sale deal on 4 foot 2 bulb fixtures. should i snap them up?

2. Are they T5 (the best), T8 (okay), T12(not worth the money)?

3. It depends if you have a use for them and how much they cost

4. well i'd like to use them for grow although they take more space than the 4 bulb one i already have. theyre only 5$ each and hes got about six. no bulbs, just the fixtures

5. how do you tell which one they are?

6. At that price that is cheap, but for the light they will give off I would rather pay for an HPS of similar wattage. They are far more efficient

7. T12 lamps are very old style, big diameter lamps, about 1.5" in diameter, output is about 32 watts. T8 lamps are about 1" in diameter, maybe 40 watts per lamp. T5's are 5/8" in diameter about 54 watts per lamp. Each lamp will fit only one kind of ballast, so you don't have any choice about that. T5's are great for seedlings, but GoldGrower is right, HID systems are the way to go for indoor grows.

8. i have these 2400 i guess its lumen bulbs that worked ok for me first run plus some extra red leds during bud. so your sayin any fixture they'll actuaaly fit into will work?

9. I checked my existing ballast with different lamps. My T12 lamps and T8 lamps are interchangeable, but the T5 lamps have very small pins on each end that fit only a T5 ballast. If the lamp pins fit in the ballast, it should work.

10. i flowered under flouros plus 1 of those big square flat 2x3(?) led series that had lost everything but the red. it worked real good and have the evidence goin on right now ;) 

so share the photos. I'm interested in seeing your fluro grow results.

12. #13 inkyscratches, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
    my 1st grow. harvesting now. photos from a month ago or so. and they are yummy

Attached Files: