Floros and Cfl Growers Unite!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 420stoner, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Im sick of everyone on here bashing ppl for using floro and cfl lighting to grow. I have used them for years and KNOW that you can grow great ganja using them. Im sure Im not the only one on here using them so come on GC, Back me up on this

thanks
    420stoner

2. i agree! i use CFL's and have always had good results. not saying that my results might not be better if i had the money to buy a HPS, but CFL's are so efficient and it's nice to not have to deal with heat issues for sure.

3. It's like tv people believe what they see and hear even if it isn't true.

4. Yeah CFL and Flouros!!!

I agree the plants grow just fine, also I have decided to experiment with a different type of CFL

UV light made for reptiles - looks the same as a compact flouro expect it gives off alot of that UV light like the SUN. Cause plants to produce more THC!

Apparently HID lights have been designed specially not to produce UV light.
    Take that smartasses!:D

5. The main problem is people who (out of simple ignorance) use one or two low-wattage CFLs and expect to get real results from their plants. I'm using eight 40w CFLs for four plants, that's probably more than necessary but I expect to get quite good results.

6. the only plus ive seen from hid is there pentration power, you cant get more then an inch or two down with floros but with enough you can equal an hid wattage and get better coverage if you place the lights in the right spots. backfromthedead be sure to post your uv experiment id be intrested in how much it helps!