Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Florida medical weed!!!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Joedahoe, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Dear Friends, I am thrilled to have so much to tell everyone. There is so much to tell I have to break it into separate emails as it appears to be too much for the system to handle. We just got an awesome medicinal cannabis Bill in the Florida Senate. THANK YOU Senator Jeff Clemens! "Cathy Jordan Medical Cannabis Act" - SB 1250 http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Bills/billsdetail.aspx?BillId=50373 Bless Jeff Clemens, he thought of everything, we have a companion Bill SB 1214 to protect our privacy - Public Records/Medical Use of Cannabis/DOH/DBPR/DOR http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Bills/billsdetail.aspx?BillId=50343 Katie Edwards just filed the Bill in the House editing before sending. HB 1139 - Medical Cannabis http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Bills/billsdetail.aspx?BillId=50439 Please take a moment and send Senator Clemens an email (copy/paste letter provided in the next email) to THANK Senator Jeff Clemens for his hard work and dedication to the patients of Florida. He has Blessed this state with a great piece of legislation for medicinal use of cannabis. Please take a moment and send an email (copy/paste letter provided in the next email) to Katie Edwards to thank her for her courage for taking the stand on this issue in her first term and filing the proposed legislation. Please email or call your Florida State Senator and let them know you expect them to vote in favor of the Cathy Jordan Medical Cannabis Act SB1250 and the companion Bill to protect the privacy of patients SB 1214. Please email or cal your Florida State House Representative and let them know you expect them to vote in favor of the Cathy Jordan Medical Cannabis Act HB 1139 and the soon to be filed companion Bill to protect patient privacy. I want you to know what I have informed every legislator of so you can have the confidence that they do in fact know about the endocannabinoid system and how the body uses cannabinoids. It will be in my next email. You can find your Florida State Senator here: http://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/Find You can find your Florida State House Representative here: http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Representatives/myrepresentative.aspx I no longer have access to write sign and send emails for you use so I am sending a separate email with copy/paste letters you can use for your convenience. You can edit, add your own words or use as you see fit. Please make the effort to send 4 emails. TOGETHER, WE CAN make medicinal use of cannabis a REALITY in Florida. Thank you for your brave voice! We are finally being heard but still have work to do. I will keep you updated. Sincerely, Kathy Day

Thoughts, predictions, skeptics, an just the ppl that live here like me happy to see this.

:smoke:

-Joe

2. Paragraphs, hon, paragraphs! They make reading a wall of text SO much easier! ;) Now take a deep breath (with. or without smoke) and go back and edit that so we can read it easily.

You have some great news to tell, so do it right! :D

Granny :wave:

3. Yes definitely will edit. Was a little more than celebrating then :D :smoke:

-Joe

4. Another state coming to their senses is always great news.

Now let's see if the old mentality is any wiser about how much they want to pay and/or hurt themselves with traditional medicines, especially if they're retired and on a fixed income.

Growing your own healthy medicine is a hell of a lot cheaper than the traditional route.

5. Great news! Now c'mon ohio!

6. FUCK right when I moved out of Florida...

7. Lol. Damn dude

-Joe

8. The marijuana vibe here is better too. Recent polls show 70% of voters want to legalize.

-Joe

9. shit, you fareal?

10. Ya brah

-Joe

11. #11 Storm Crow, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
    Read it and SMILE, BlackChucks! :D

Poll: 7 in 10 back Florida medical-marijuana plan, enough to possibly affect governor’s race
    Poll: 7 in 10 back Florida medical-marijuana plan, enough to possibly affect governor’s race - Florida - MiamiHerald.com

Now, if you guys would get your own free copy of the List, you could find gems like these to convince those last 30%! :rolleyes:

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012)
    Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

One in 8 with fibromyalgia uses cannabis as medicine (news – 2012)
    One in 8 with fibromyalgia uses cannabis as medicine | Reuters

Reefer tokin' seniors in South Florida see pain go up in smoke (news – 2012)
    Pot helps South Florida seniors cope with pain - Sun Sentinel

Cannabinoid-1 Receptor Protects The Brain From Aging (THC activates the CB1 receptor) (news – 2011)
    Cannabinoid-1 Receptor Protects The Brain From Aging

To get your free copy, either PM me your email address, or send me an email (see the bottom of my sig). I will send you back over 1000 pages of links like that! The List is also great for doing that "killer" paper on cannabis that you have dreamed about doing! All the research you could possibly need in one place! :yay:

12. aww yeah.

i was wondering...how this affects street pricing and what prices would you expect in a shop?

i already get GradeA to A++ for under $200 an oz.

13. #13 Storm Crow, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
    And now to get you fired up, so you will actually become an activist and DO SOMETHING......

Raid Of The Day: Florida Cops Raid Cathy Jordan, Medical Marijuana Activist Who Suffers From Lou Gehrig's Disease
    Raid Of The Day: Florida Cops Raid Cathy Jordan, Medical Marijuana Activist Who Suffers From Lou Gehrig's Disease

On Monday, the Miami Herald posted an article about rising support for legalized medical marijuana in the state of Florida. The article mentioned an pro-pot activist named Cathy Jordan, who uses the drug to mitigate the symptoms of Lou Gehrig's disease. The article mentioned Sen. Jeff Clemens (D-Lake worth), who is sponsoring a bill to legalize the drug. That bill is named after Jordan.

The Bradeton Herald now reports that just hours after that article ran, a team of ski-mask-clad deputies from the Manatee County Sheriff's Department staged a guns-drawn raid on Robert and Cathy Jordan's home. According to Robert Jordan, the cops seized 23 marijuana plants, including the two mature plants his wife uses to treat her illness. They made no arrests.

The raid is a stark example of the troubling trend of using paramilitary police tactics to send a political message. Set aside for a moment the sheer cruelty of sending government agents to separate a suffering, terminally ill woman from the medication that gives her some relief. (And yes, that's a major thing to set aside.) Why ski masks? Why come in with guns drawn? Did the Manatee County Sheriff's Department really think that wheelchair-bound Cathy Jordan and her 64-year-old husband were a threat?

No, of course they didn't. This was about making an example of someone.

Cathy Jordan's name is on a bill to legalize medical pot in Florida. So it was up to Florida law enforcement to bring the boot down upon Cathy Jordan's neck.

The police will say they were merely enforcing the law. Nonsense. First, Manatee County Sheriff Brad Steube has discretion about which laws he enforces, and to what degree. He doesn't have the resources to enforce every law, all the time. He has to prioritize. And how he prioritizes -- how he uses the resources available to him -- is certainly something the public should consider when evaluating how well he's doing his job. Cathy Jordan's pot plants weren't harming anyone. I suppose it's now up to Manatee County residents to decide if sending a team of cops to take pot plants away from a sick woman was an appropriate use of public resources.

Second, even if we were to concede that Jordan was breaking the law, and that the Manatee County Sheriff's Department has an obligation to enforce that law, how it's enforced is also a matter of policy -- and something for which Manatee County residents can hold Sheriff Steube accountable.

In the end, it's a pretty safe bet that these deputies won't be disciplined or reprimanded, and that Sheriff Steube won't suffer any political consequence for the way this action was carried out.

\tAnd that's where all of this begins to get scary. It's one thing for a few bad cops or a power-tripping sheriff to use excessive force to make an example of someone because of a disagreement over politics or public policy. There will always be bad actors. It's how we react that matters. Whether or not the public supports medical marijuana itself isn't really the point, here. You can shut down a pot shop or take plants away from a sick person without pointing guns and donning a ski mask.
    (snipped)

I am not going to say anything about how I feel about this incident. The Mods would have to censor me for unlady-like language!

Granny

14. i do want to do something. they could've stormed a crackhouse instead. more violent and criminal minded people could have been apprehended instead of taking someone's medicine away

15. Hey, storming crack houses is dangerous! :eek:Crippled little old ladies are easy pickin's! :cool:

Here's some like-minded folks to contact! People United for Medical Marijuana - Florida PAC

(My Daddy was from Jacksonville, so I have sort of a 2nd-hand stake in this!)

16. legal or not it will be smokes, as I vapp Bubba kush right as we speak Peter Tosh

17. Moving 10 minutes from FL this summer...Oh my god I hope this rolls the right way.......

18. So start commenting in the news and sway those last 30-percenters! Leave copies of news articles from my List in laundromats and senior centers! EDUCATE! It ups the odds in our favor! :yay:

19. I will!! But maybe if this goes on, it will swing the views in the South on MMJ... I mean, a ton of people down here think, oh those crazy new-agers in the West Coast and their herb! But hopefully if they see it first hand, it might change views and spark a movement... but we can only hope!

20. Right?! I live here so im praying

-Joe