Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Florida Medical Marijuana Guide

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Sir_Chadwell_Heath, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Would some other people mind telling me their starting dose. Or if they renewed after 70 days and had a dose raise. I’m trying to see where I fall on the dose range scale. Geez 20000 plus of both. It sucks as even if we are given more as an option we still have to buy it but i’d rather go mmj than have to ask a friend for help.

This will greatly help me know if everyone’s started at 75 then changed or given whatever and they got more 70 days later. Or if I’m going to need to switch to one of those Medical Cannabis and similarly named places nearby with much better ratings online. I had to go through a company that split it into three months before the law was changed then I had to pay the rest of the 245 to see him and get patient id. His receptionist is keeping me from accessing him by phone and the questions I ask she gives answers that make no sense. Thats what I get for going to a mmj dr who also runs a 59 dollar walk in clinic

2. Sir Chadwell,

I just got my Florida MMJ application packet and there is a form in it requesting a urine drug test! Did you have to take a drug test before being allowed to legally use marijuana? A little confusing.

3. That sounds like a scam to me. There is no “packet” you go to a doctor and they give you the recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thank you Chadwell, I am highly debating getting my card here since I'm probably staying in Florida. I came from Colorado recently and things are so different here.

Sent from my SWISHER-WR-G420A using Applebee's two for one app

5. I have some questions about different dispensary's products. Has anyone in Florida used anyone but Trulieve? I've been looking at the products available and it looks like Aphria has a little bit better prices. I'm primarily interested in vape cartridges and I've read that Aphria uses single-use vape pens that sometimes stop working before all of the oil is vaped. Trulieve uses USB-rechargeable vape pens and I haven't read about any such problems. Does anyone have any first-hand info?

Also, has anyone used the THC capsules? This sounds like it would be a longer lasting pain solution. If so, how have they worked for you? Not for every day but would be nice on days like today when the pain is up. Thanks for any advice.

Still waiting on my MMJ card...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hello everyone, let me start off by saying I was approved by a physician for a medical marijuana recommendation a little over 2 weeks ago, and I just want to know what does the application process consist of aside from proof of residency, processing payment and making sure the patients name and stuff is correct? Does the health department conduct their own review of the diagnosis such as calling the diagnosing physicians office themselves to find out every detail for every visit? Just curious as to why there is such a long wait to get an approval from the DOH? Thank you very much for any information anyone may be able to provide!

7. Sir Chadwell Heath, please help me out with any information in regards to the process of the application that the DOH conducts for a medical marijuana recommendation?

8. The DOH doesn’t do shit tbh. They just process the application and issue the card. Your doctor takes care of all the paperwork. Since I got my card almost a year ago, they have started automatically importing drivers license photos and using an outsourced application processing system. It’s a lot faster now. More like 3 weeks instead of 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Thank you very much for ALL the information! Also, what would you consider a "fair" 70 day order in terms of mg's for high THC and low THC CBD combined? Can you explain to me what I'm getting on a "total" of 7000 mg's with 25 per dose and 4 doses per day with an alternative, is that good for a 70 day cycle in your opinion? There is four "columns" if you will, when I click on each one they all say 7000, the high THC and the low THC are side by side, does that mean I have a total of 28000 mg's per 70 days? Thanks!

10. I understand them trying to make proper doses and everything but they are making this way too confusing for patients, especially ones without experience with cannabis. We have limits in NJ too, and the "recommended" dose is 10 mg of THC per dose, but we just get limits on how much we can buy a month (2 ounces) and then use it as we see fit, as it should be because cannabis effects every person differently

11. That sucks that they limit how much you can buy a month. I went to a place and receive a 70 day supply. Question is how much low THC and high THC can buy within those 70 days? Can you or someone help me by reading my recent posts in this thread? Thanks in advance.

12. Yeah, it will be going up to 4 oz a month once some changes to the program happen soon, but I honestly can't even afford to buy two ounces a month at the prices in NJ dispensaries ($100/qtr ounce, $50-$60 for 0.7 g of CO2 oil)
    If I understand what you wrote correctly, your total of 7000 mg of THC is a 25 mg dose of THC, 4 times a day which is 100 mg per day. 100 mg x your 70 day supply gives you your 7,000 mg THC for 70 days.

I am thinking that number at the top of each column is your total overall for all 4 columns. When you select something, does that number go down. For example if you got some a g of bud that was 100 mg THC total, would the number go down to 6,900?

The higher THC strains are clearly going to eat into more of your 7000 mg, for example, a strain that is 20% THC will have roughly 200 mg of THC per gram. So if you got a quarter ounce of that bud (7 grams), that would be 1,400 mg of THC out of your 7,000 leaving you with 5,600 mg THC for the rest of the 70 days.

Hope that helps.

13. Hope your state becomes more patient-friendly and ups the mg's per month or 70 days, best wishes. Well it says to recommend 1THC and 5 CBD, and after the comma it says "an alternative may be chosen", what does that mean? I have low THC (which I'm assuming is CBD) and medical cannibis (I'm guessing high THC), medical cannibis works better for me, can I get 5 THC and 1 CBD? Thanks again!

14. When I click on each column it still says "7000 total and 25 per dose with 4 doses per day"?

15. Also, do you think that 7000 total is good for a 70 day supply, considering all the money for the doctors visits and application fees every year?

16. I would imagine you can get any combination that works well for you as long as you don't exceed 7,000 mg of THC within 70 days. Not sure if that is totally right, but the Florida program seems very confusing

17. I have the maximum allowed dosage, which is 10,500mg per 70 days in each of the 4 categories. That is a total of 21,000mg of THC and 21,000mg of CBD. If you equate that to flower, with the average medical grade bud these days consisting of around 20% THC, it comes out to roughly the equivalent of 3.75oz every 70 days. That's an ounce and a half a month.

The shittiest thing about it is that you can get that much bud on the street for around $500, but it would cost you just under $1,500 to get that much THC if purchased as the most cost effective product available in Florida right now which is a distillate called TruClear.

• Like Like x 1
  18. The orders from the doctor really confuse me. I guess mine wants to make sure I have to re-order in 70 days (another $100) because the order says medical cannabis inhalation- 7000 mgs, then medical cannabis sublingual 5250 mgs, then low THC cannabis 7,000 mg.

WTH does this mean in regular language? Is it reasonable to think this will last 70 days for someone who is a daily smoker for years?

19. Thanks for the great information.