FloraSeries Nutrient Feed Schedule Thoughts (DWC)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by sasquatch_, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Lucas Formula. 8ml micro 16ml bloom. Done.

• Like Like x 1
  2. #3 Tbone Shuffle, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    You're much better erroring on the side of too little than too much in DWC as long as you have a minimal amount. Unless you use a system that keeps your water topped off when the plants gets big it will suck down near half the water in the bucket in a day. This concentrates your solution and if you're running it strong it can easily burn a plant setting you back and reducing the harvest.

The roots are in the nutrients 24 hours a day. It doesn't have to be strong.

I actually like this nutrient chart you posted. I use GH nutrients in DWC. I use Armor Si, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, Calimagic, Grow, micro, bloom, hydroguard, and budcandy along with liquid koolbloom and dry koolboom for bud.

The only difference with me is I never really go up to 1 full tsp with any of the nutrients except liquid koolbloom. I will go up to 1tsp/gallon with humic/floric acid also. The most I add of any of the others is 1/2 tsp/gallon. As long as you do 7-10 day water changes you should always have a good amount. I will typically add a little cal/mag and florablend to even my daily water top off. Going light like this and doing frequent water changes will both keep you from burning the plant and keep you from having deficiencies.

I start out like the chart with everything at 1/4tsp/gallon when the plant is young and as it gets to about 4 weeks old I start ramping it up to 1/2tsp/gallon but calmag gets added in 1ml increments with the water top off daily and 1/4-1/2tsp florablend.

I was running mine as strong as the plants could take it close to bottle directions. Then my plants had to sit for 2 days and it burned 2 of them pretty good and 1 mildly. The other was so stout it didn't give a crap. Since then I've ramped back my nutrient usage and the plants look just as good if not better.

3. great info! when you top off you do calmag, florablend and water? do you pH it? i'm curious as to the daily top off methods and do you pour it through the netty pot? or do you open the bucket up and top off directly into the bucket?

4. I pick up the top tilting it so I can see the water level and root condition. I top off to within an inch or two of net pot. I do give cal/mag/florablend about every other top off in small amounts. No need to PH any of GH nutrients except armor si. It's very alkaline. It's a silica supplement. The rest of the GH line is PH neutral. It's not 100% necessary but many people use silica. If you use a silica supplement it always gets added first. If I do 1/4tsp armor si I do 3/8's tsp white vinegar. This balances the ph back out. I use Alaskan rain water to water my plants. It ph's at 6.7 As long as I'm not adding anything different to my recipe I don't PH it.

When you're first starting and coming up with a routine you have to ph your water after you've mixed the nutrients to see where you are at. Once you know where your recipe ends up and what you have to add to balance it you can use that and cut out the step of ph ing everything. If I had an easy tester I would probably do it more often. I have to use an indicator so it's a little time consuming and unecessary once I know where it's at. If I have problems I'll check it.

I pretty much use armor si for PH up and white vinegar for PH down. I haven't had an issue like this. You don't have to buy PH up or down specifically.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm GH Lucas too. Standard formula.

G-M-B (Grow-Micro-Bloom)
    0-5-10 - For Vegetative cycle (18/6)
    0-8-16 - For Flowering cycle (12/12)

I do CalMag as directed till my leaves start showing rust spots, then I start hitting theme hos with more CalMag.

Hth,
    Linux