floral foam for starting seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pooldude, Feb 14, 2003.

1. well iv'e run into a problem.i'm getting ready to start another grow and as it turns out my local hydro shop has went belly up,and the closest one now is 120 miles away.and i don't have a credit card any more so i can't order off the net ..what i need to know is what is a good thing to use to start my seeds in ? i allways used the small rockwool cubes before to get them started and just moved them into my hydro set up where i use the expanded clay as my medium..i was wondering what i could use instead of the rockwool that could be easier to obtain..i heard you could use floral foam ,just cut it into small cubes and use it the same way..is this true..it seems to me that it's a little too hard for the roots to grow through..but maybe i'm wrong...any suggestions on what might work..thanks...

2. u can also use a piece of paper towel ... just put the seeds on it .. then fold it over the seeds ... and dampen it ... put it on a plate and cover it with a bowl ... after a couple a days they should germinate... take the seedlings out of paper towel (if they are attached to the towel ... just cut that part off) ... now plant them...

Grasscity Deals Near You