Floodlight?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mike4792, Dec 23, 2007.

1. If i have a floodlight, and a fan in the same grow box, will it work? what are the pros and cons of using it?

2. Can you give us some more info about the floodlight?

3. "Floodlight" most likely is the wrong kind of light. Read up in the grow guides and sticky posts.

4. its the wrong kind of light i'm guessing that its white light? I suggest buying a few CFL lights they are cheap and work great there about 6 bucks for a 100 watt output that uses like 24 watts & lasts for like 2,000 hours. :eek:

5. Wrong. They sell 70-150W MH/HPS floodlights at hardware stores. The great thing is the ballast is already built in, so just plug it in a go. Bad thing is you're usually stuck with a shitty reflector, bulky fixture, or absolute worst case bulbs that only ignite when vertical. They aren't made for growing, but they're cheap and they work.

6. ^True, but aren't those usually labeled "security lights"?

The bottom line is that the OP isn't clear on what kind of floodlight he has. I'm betting it is an incandescent. Mike, can you clarify what kind of bulb or post a pic?

7. arent most flood lights halogen??

8. I think it's fair to say that there are many kinds of floodlights. There are even CFL floodlights.

Incandescent and halogen ones are not good for growing MJ. Neither is mercury vapor. HID and CFL ones can work.

9. I have seen floodlights up to 400HPS, but like hashaman says, you get stuck with a shity reflector and the ballast is incorporated which makes it heavy as shit, I wouldn't want that on top of my plants.