Flooded....

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Ninjaballs, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Baton Rouge is officially closed. My house is damaged. Sisters house is gone. Grandmas house is probably still underwater, I haven't been able to contact them. We need all the help we can get right now, while were busy helping each other. Please pray or something... Thanks love you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  2. Schools are closed. My car is ok and I'm blessed to have a place to sleep and food. Most of denham is underwater I believe, and lots of central.

I don't ever ask for help or even expect anything I'm just really worried and wanted to let you guys know. Obama hasn't said anything yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm in Baton Rouge too. I'm in Shenandoah, and man tiger bend road is crazy! It's good that the water levels have receded though. My family got very lucky. My sisters house took a little damage, my apartment might flood if the drainage ditches get any more water in them from up north... I've been staying at my parents in Shenandoah and luckily they're untouched. I'm sorry to hear about yalls losses!

• Like Like x 2
  4. #4 Ninjaballs, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Central right now

Here's Denham Springs

• Like Like x 1
  5. Doesn't this area get flooded every year ?

6. No it doesn't. New Orleans doesn't either but we are 240 miles inland.

7. We had a hurricane several years ago. This flood is gonna have a bigger social impact. Walmart is closed.

8. I am praying for ya'all. Hope you can contact your family members soon.
    Just an FYI.

President Obama Issues Disaster Declaration For Flood-Ravaged Louisiana
    BATON ROUGE, La., Aug 14 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama issued a disaster declaration on Sunday for flood-ravaged Louisiana, where at least five people have died and emergency crews have rescued more than 20,000 people stranded by unprecedented flooding.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 3
  9. I'm sure that guy will be happy to know I pillage the oceans for it's bounty(pictured below). Fuck him. He would be the first one in tears when the water started coming in. It's far from a good feeling when you start watching your shit floating around your living room and shit float out of the garage, etc.

I lost just about everything in Irene, thankfully I had insurance on it all. I feel for you, man. Seriously, if there is anything I can do, let me know.

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      110.2 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 2
  10. God bless everyone down there. We have umpteen cousins living all over the state and have not heard from anyone yet. We're in Bama and I want you to know that everyone around here is mobilizing their efforts to send help your way. What help you get, like always, will come, for the most part, from the good hearts of the American people and not the government...until they let the situation sink into total ruin. Just so you know, Obama is vacationing at Martha's Vineyard, so don't look for him to show up anytime soon. Got to rake those tax dollars and get in every golfing trip and vacation he can before his term ends. However, you'll be glad to know he's sending his Ace #1 guy to assess (condemn...his favorite word) the situation today as if that will do any good. Prayers going up on a massive scale around here. Hang in there. God never gives us more to bear than he gives us strength to bear it! TWW

• Like Like x 1
  11. which hurricane are you referring to?

12. Why make a disaster political in a man who is hurting thread? That was Almost on par with another who posted here. Aid had already been approved. Drop it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. That sucks, man. I'm feeling for you and the other peeps down there.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sending good vibes to you, all your family and friends, and anyone else who is affected by this. Truly terrible.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Got your back in NW LA. I don't know you but Louisiana means family and brotherhood above all.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks you guys. I've been busy helping people but it's hard because everyone is acting crazy down here. Not many people have helped me when I've asked. People driving with no consideration for others, there's wrecks happening left and right because people won't yield. It's interesting to see how selfish people are... Very hard to look at the bright side. And I know obama is golfing after he's been briefed about this. I don't expect anything less from the president. Their help is never proportional but they are helping. I'm thankful for the good people who have morals and do what they can when others are in need.

17. I think it must have been the other thread, but consider this.

Why would anyone want the President visiting while recover is going on? That would pull many police and first responders from their greatest priority, the people effected. He did act immediately to insure resources and assistance was readily available.
    :smoke:

18. There is nothing scarier than a man trying to feed his family. Take care of yourself, dude.