FloodDrain

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Poeticj21, Sep 15, 2015.

1. I don't see any threads on flood & drain so here I go its my first grow I just want some advice on when I should start my watering cycle, as well as the pot that I have my seedling setup in is it big enough or not? I also want to know how long should it take for the true leaves to come out seems like on other forums other ppls seedlings have been growing faster. I just did away with the humidity dome and this is how it looks.

Attached Files:

2. Here's a close up

Attached Files:

3. Sup brother my set up is flood and drain on a 4x8 table I flood three times during grow and 3 time during flower and that's three times a day when the lights are on ... Never water when lights are off and honestly from seed usually takes a long time if u plan to take clones from it and with a table like u got I would drop the hydroton in the table and bury the rockwool amongst the hydroton but that's how I prefer it with a smaller table but yeah anyways I start my cycle 1 hour after lights are on and one hour before they are off and then right in the middle of the light being on for the third time I water I also pump for 15 minutes then I have the flow regulated so it takes 15 minutes to drain completely so it gets 30 minutes watering each watering three times a day

4. I did see someone have the hydroton rocks just in the table I wasn't sure if I should. Once the plant gets larger do you still keep it at the bottom of the table and just transplant into a bigger rockwool cube once the roots break around the smaller one?

5. All my threads are based around my DIY Mini-Me F & D

Click on my signature

6. Thank you ima check out your threads

7. What do u mean leave it at the bottom of the table ? U don't wanna raise it if that's what your asking

8. If and when I use hydroton I put two inches in the bottom of the table set the cube about an inche down in the hydroton and never move it from then

9. I was talm bout when you said you would drop the hydroton in the table. If your using the smaller rockwool would you need to transplant into a bigger one once the roots and the plant grows larger?

10. Yes u will pop the smaller cube into a 4x4 cube basically gives u a root mass that never sees light so even if u fuck up and expose roots to light u can easily fix it