Flood tray

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by smalltimegrow, Apr 29, 2011.

1. I have been using a 2x4 flood tray. Got a crack in it, dosnt work now. Does anyone have any idea for flood trays roughly 2x4? Videos or links would be cool

2. If it doesn't need a drain use some panda film white side up. Make a 2'x4' frame with 1"x4" boards on edge. Cover with film. If you need a drain use some CDX plywood to construct a base and use the same ^ frame, cover with plastic after drilling hole ansd placing drain in the base. Caulk as needed.
    Or you could repair the old one with some silicone/ cover in plastic

3. Good call. I will be needing a new, but have you tried this or anyone backing it up that has tried it? I am putting 4 plants in 5 gal potters, then it sits right on top of a res. What kind of wood for the bottom? And how cost effective is this compared to buying one? ($50)

It does need a drain but they have rubber on them, but are about 1/4"-1/2" until it won't fit.

4. About $10 for a 41 quart plastic tub at walmart.
    [​IMG]

5. #5 smalltimegrow, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    The size of that is way under what I need. I did poke around on wally mart and didn't see anything that quite fit it. But that tray is a great idea for a little bit smaller grow

6. Okay, came up an idea. I can find 4x4 trays used for relatively cheap. If I put a board wrapped in plastic and siliconed in place would that act as divider or running different waters?

Hard to explain but I need 2x4 for a perpetual grow.

7. Bump, anyone on putting a divider in there?