FLOOD AND DRAIN

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Indoor-Grower, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Anyone else have any tips for working with flood and drain hydroponics? Also, show your setup.

[​IMG]

Mother Plants

1 600w Phantom commercial per 4x4 space.

[​IMG]

100 Gallon reservoir

Flower room is exactly is exactly as the mother setup but with 1 1000w Phantom per 4x4 area.

18 inch distance from shortest plant (light to plant)

2. Just one tip! ..lol

AVOID flood and Drain this time of year

those rockwall cubes can be a nightmare with molds and what not

that said Yours is a grand affair indeedy

how you handle the mold...?

Good Luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. For mold, i just use a 1:2 ratio of Hydrogen Peroxide to Water. I will spray everything later to help remove ALL the molding from the top of the rockwool. Other than that, I use ladybugs to kill pests that i sometimes get. Since I don’t have to rely on other clones, i just keep my mothers and ventilation cleaned.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. I’ve been doing Flood And Drain for more than 3 years all year round. And I have noticed that this time of year, it is quite ugh to get a great yield like i usually get.

Edit: Typo

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've been growing flood and drain for 3 years as well but i use baskets of hydroton instead of rockwool [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. how does it compare with a 3x3 of rockwool?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. What if you were to replace the baskets with rockwool? would they be any different? have they been any different?

8. How often do you flood with the hydroton? I'm thinking of going with GroStones

9. I flood for 15 minutes every 6 hours through the entire cycle

10. yikes damn. i water once every 24 hours for my reg plants. mothers get fed every 3-4 days.

11. My hydroton definitely doesn't retain alot of water that's why l got to flood it every 6 hours .... i got a digital timer to replace the analog because I wanted to mess around with the flooding schedule but i haven't done so yet .....

• Like Like x 1
  12. what’s this bad boy’s yield anyways? and how long until harvest?

13. Here is pics of 1 of the 6 plants i have under 1000 watt hps on the 4x4 flood table at day 21 of flower.... my guess on harvest time is day 65ish... [​IMG][​IMG]THC BOMB

• Like Like x 3
  14. this is wow. you do give your plants space. so maybe i should too. but at the end, we both get same results

• Like Like x 1
  15. I am currently building my room not to far to go I have a 4x4 and a 40 gal res I'll also be growing in straight hydroton my buddy floods every 8 hours I was thinking about trying for the 6hr mark as I've seen a lot of people do. If I may ask what type of nutes are you using? That plant is beautiful! I will be going with the hg aqua flakes minus 2 of the additives

16. I use gh flora 3 part for nutes and im one of the flood every 6 hours people ..... 40 gallon res is a little small for a 4x4 table if you keep it all the way full you should be ok though, a bigger one would make it easier to maintain for you ...i have a 100 gallon res and dont want to go back to a 50 gallon res

• Like Like x 1
  17. Do you flood every six hours wether the lights are on or off I was thinking a 6 12 6 12,,, eventually I will be going to a 100 gal res but in the mean time the 40 will do I got a good deal on and used botanicare res Lid and table,, a good buddy of mine floods 3 tables with his 100 gallon and cleans and changes the res weekly so I should be alright with changing every week

18. Yes I flood every 6 hours doesn't matter if lights are on or off...... here a pic of that thc bomb [​IMG][​IMG]day 61 flower

• Like Like x 1
  19. Looks awesome man! I'll be starting out with some cuts of og18 and headband to start I've also got a pick at some wookies and some adams og

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1