flood and drain table

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by zakkoo, Oct 10, 2012.

1. i have recently started vegging with a 2x4 botincare flood and drain. im using aurora soul synthetics line of nutrients. im having a problem with the nutrients breaking down. im only feeding 1/3 of what the feeding chart says. my ph is good and ppm is good. i have 2 big air stones in the res and a pump circulating water and a pump feeding the table. i have it flooding for 15 mins every 3 hrs while light is on and once at dark. using a 400 watt mh. any suggestions or helpful knowledge?

2. Switch nutrient companies. I have the same tray and I have had no problems so far. I use the GH line of nutes works like a charm

3. Not sure if every three hours is necessary. I only flood 4 times a day. Too much and the babies dont get enough oxygen. I'm a newbie so take everything I say with a grain of salt

4. What do you mean breaking down?
    slime in ur res?

5. my nutrients are very thick liquid. so when put in res it dosent break down the grittiness of the nutrients. i have heard that humic acid helps breakbit down so the plant will except it better just not sure look at all options

6. what i do measure out the nutes put it in a tupperware container fill the tupperware up with water from my res mix it up then pour that into my res. i read somewhere youre supposed to do that with your nutes and ph down. i use the floranova line and both their grow and flower nutes are very thick, and easy to use since its just a all in one nutrient solution. i also flood once an hour and only when the lights are on.

7. are you sure you have hydro nutes.. there is a difference