Flir and my 2 1000watt hps

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Sweetleaf17, Aug 15, 2012.

1. I currently have a 5x12 flower room with 2 1000watt hps lights aircooled by a 10" vortex. I also have a 5x5 veg room with a t5 and a 4" vortex. Both rooms are cooled by a 12000btu air conditioner.

Every year helicopters fly around in the rural (which is where the house is) areas looking for outdoor grows at dusk with their cameras and what not. The house is also next to some major power lines. The past few weeks the helicopters have been flying around the adjacent fields and in close proximity to the house along the power lines sporadically. ( this is the first year growing at this specific location)

Should I be concerned that the flir on the helicopters could or will pick up the heat signature from the exhaust of the two rooms? Both rooms are sealed tight and insulated with 1" and 1/2" foam board insulation. The ambient temps in the room range around 75-82 degrees. The exhaust is getting pumped into a speperate room on an exterior wall of the garage.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

2. As far as I know, the lights will still be visible by a flir. I have played around with a Fluke IR camera, and you would be surprised how good they are. I know how accurate they are from a helicopter though.