Flavoring your stash

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by darkyetnotso, Dec 16, 2008.

1. So I've been thinking about improving/enhancing the taste of marijuana.. I love the natural taste, but if you were able to add a mango or orange flavor, or maybe tobacco flavor it would be a whole new experience.

A simple way would be to place a piece of orange peel or some tobacco leaf to your dried bud and cure it for a week or two.

Has anyone here tried this? Does it work?

Any suggestions/ideas are appreciated!

2. get better shit. or try a flavored blunt.

3. My shit is usually dank, I'm just thinking of ways to improve it. Blunts are ok, but I smoke alone alot, so a blunt is usually a bit too much for just myself.

4. smoke a spliff. half herb half tobaco. marley stlye.

5. grow lemon skunk

6. its all in the genetics man.
    maybe add some "Sweet" during flower.
    that helped bring out a nice flavor for my last skunk.

7. Don't use sweet, it's an over-rated product and it's to costly for what it doesn't do.

You can use extracts that really do work. If you use hydro put it in the day before you

harvest or it will create a lot of bacteria in your roots for some reason. After you cure your

buds the tastes really start to come out. I have used orange extract and vanilla. The vanilla

didn't have much taste but I could smell a hint of it in the air after I smoked. And the

Orange really came through with a citricy flavor.

8. im against mixing weed and tobaco

9. i definitely noticed a difference using the sweet but to each his own.
    Im curious though.
    How much extract would you put in the res?

10. #11 jzchillin, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2008
    I put 3 tubes in each 24l Bubble bucket.

Each tube is about 1.5 tbs..

11. i can see how adding flavoring to a growing plant would help, but I was more thinking about the curing process, that way you dont get all the chemicals into the weed, just the smell.

12. extracts are... extracts, and Sweet comes from Botanicare. No chems in botanicare only organics.

13. curing it with orange peels or anything like that will mold your bud.
    i beleive there is a thread over in the harvesting section that has some ways to flavor bud. but again man ya just gotta get some good genetics.

14. i use oils from fruit, lime, lemon, orange, grapefruit. anything with that kind of skin. all you gotta do is cut the skin into 1/2" strips and twist them over/in your bag. if you look close enough you will see the squirt out and instantly smell the citris. You can also use Zest "shaved peel". get like a teaspoon owrth and make sure buds are really chrisp and throw it all in a jar and leave it for a couple days somewhere warm, like by a heat vent and all the flavord will blend nicely. the zest has an interesting flavor when it smokes but it will defanitly add flavor:smoking:

15. I've heard of people adding cut up apples to there bag for a day or so and doing soemthing like this. I smoked some like this but it wasn't a noticable difference to me.

16. you can grow some blueberry. Adding flavor by means of fruit is not recommended.
    Mold, exactly.
    If you really want to do somthing to it they make these flavor drops that I saw at the headshop. Supposed to change the flavor of it. You wont catch me adding anything to my weed, unless the plant is growing and the substance is organic. As for Sweet, it is an expensive alternative to Molasses I believe. But I may be mistaken;):smoking:

17. get some nachos

18. Sweet is really just remanufactured blackstrap molasses :)

And as far as putting stuff into cure with the bud.. bad idea you're introducting bacteria, mold, sugars, etc. If you didnt put it into the soil/grow medium it's not going to be a flavoring that lasts. Sure you can throw some oranges in to cure, but once you take the bud out of container and leave it sit out for a few minute. No orange smell.

Risks aren't worth the reward.