Flavor

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thatbanana112, Apr 25, 2011.

1. I've really been interested in flavoring weed. The best way I've been told to do it is, starve plants of water about 24 hours prior to harvest. Around three or four hours before harvest, mix the extract of whatever flavor you want (i.e vanilla, root beer, strawberry) with a generous amount of water. Water plants, let sit, then harvest. So what I'm looking for is both:
    How to flavor my own grown weed (while still growing)?
    And how to flavor weed I've bought (like putting buds in airtight container, dip q-tip into extract, put in container, and close)

I realize the latter will not be as potent, but any suggestion are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    thatbanana112

2. First off no clue how to flavor already harvested bud tried lemon peels and shit like that, but it just changed the smell and not the taste. If you want to flavor it while its growing(assumingly hydro) there is a lot of products from nutrient companies. Never tried them cuz I had to take down my indoor set up and never got around to it. Extracts might work, but I do not have an idea on how much to mix per gallon of water and if I was going to do it that way I would give it longer than 24 hrs thats just me.

3. Thanks for the advice.
    If you were at all interested in it, the water to extract ratio varies depending on your preference. As for the whole 24 hour thing, i figured I would try little bits with water throughout the whole grow. Problem is, it doesn't work like that. The reason it's done so close to harvest is because the sugar can royally fuck your plants.

4. Ya I heard all that sugar is definitely not good even tho a lot of people use molasses and have no problems different kind of sugar I guess .As far as nutrients go Botanicare offers several flavors of bloom nutes that are suppose to enhance aroma and flavor. Idk how they work Good luck hope you achieve what your after

5. Yeh if your doing hydro I would try it like 3 days before you harvest and hell experiment try different flavors. Yeh if you try lemon extract let me know how it turns out, Ive always been interested in lemon tasting mj. Grown lemon strains but they were from Greenhouse seeds and did not taste like lemon nor have the dense nugs I like. But hell yeah man its worth a shot especially if your growing from bagseed?

6. Don't try to flavor your weed. It's not like putting a cut flower in water that will just soak up the liquid. A living plant's roots are designed to uptake the water and specific nutrients. And even if they did uptake flavoring, the flavors are designed to be eaten, not burned.

MJ tastes really nice as it is.

7. Here is an idea do a little strain research find one that can achieve your desired flavoring naturally then grow the shit out of it till you got that keeper pheno and make a mum from it. Alot of work I know but if thats what your after thats prolly the best plan of action I can think of.
    ~spacejerk234

8. I've seen this topic a few times but i dont think any one has ever wanted to try it, im gonna make my own vanilla extract with some fresh beans, and water my weakest plant and see what happens. I'll update you guys when its done.