Flavor wheel and strain selection...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sleek821, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Hey ppl :smoking:!!! Im still looking for a strain to grow indoors and possiible outdoors (depends on where I move). A while ago I found a flavor wheel for strains and i cant seem to find it. I used the GC search and got nothing. Please let me know whaat it is. Im either moving to Cali or Ashville NC

2. Update: I found a flavor wheel at greenhouse seeds . com.. Still not sure what strain to grow. Im horrible at making decsions like this. Could anyone give me a link or something to help making this descion. I need a strain that will make me not a couch potatoe. Idc if the seeds will cost me alot, its well worth it in my opinion.

3. Btw, I dont always smoke weed to pass out after a hour or two. I smoke weed and enjoy life. Such as going to a local reggae band after smoking and let the high intensify everything around me. A uplifting feeling. Feelings of creativity. I have had those types of highs b4. Just dont know what strain it is. Can anyone fill me in on links or a strain to choose from. I have no clue. Im enjoy music a tons. Thanks

4. You want a sativa-dominant strain to minimize the "couchlock" effect.

5. you will get better answers if you post this in the seedbank section. but i have been told on here many times to stay away from greenhouse. you should look into a sativa dominate strain from mr.nice, soma seeds, dj short, mandala seeds they seem to be the most liked on here

6. No toasty is right, you want Sativa dominant for the "head" high.

7. alright here you go

Mandala Seeds

awsome and from what ive heard and cheap

SLH...hawaiian snow....theres shit loads

8. i plan on growing 3-4 plants. Would it be a good idea to grow 2 or 3 different strains together and mix??

9. yeah then just buy 10 satori from mandala seeds.....thats what i would do.....cause then your gaurenteed 4 to be at least female.

10. I wouldn't grow 3 diff strains together you will get all sorts of different growth heights patterns. each plant may need different care. different finishing times. that's just my 2cents

11. Thanks for that link. I never looked at that website b4. I plan on buying the seeds from attitude seeds. They have like 6 different Mandala strains im going to check the details of them. I do have depression and mild anxiety as well.
    Mandala #1

12. i am the same with anxiety and depression and sativa dont go well on these =/ make my anxiety flare like a bitch. But good luck finding a strain =)

13. If you are ordering from the Attitude check out the TGA Subcool seeds. He mostly has sativa dominate strains. Check em out at least I have a few of their beans and plan to get more.
    It all really comes down to is what you really want though. Like do you like flavor or potency?

14. :smoke:Flavor and high. Im looking for a creative, energetic, almost trippy high. Something I can function with. Fruity or sour for fllavor. Or even a earthy flavor. That Mandala strains suit my needs i think, but i still want to look more!!!. Thanks for the responses. :D

15. Sounds like you need the ripper a TGA staple.

Jack the Ripper
    Jacks Cleaner P1 X Space Queen
    High Times Top Ten list 2006
    Featured in the Big Book of Buds 3 Page 86,87,88,89

Jack the Ripper is well named because it is absolutely killer weed. A true 8 week Sativa Haze the first thing growers notice is the incredible lemon smell and heavy resin production. It has been described by UK growers as the best 8 week haze ever produced.
    This plant will produce triangle shaped spear buds that pretty much stopped active calyx growth early and produced copious amounts of resin instead, resin production was evident from day 12 in 12/12 but really started to fatten up the heads around day 50 or so.
    I find it performs best unstopped with a long vegetive period. The high is very creeper at first you may think that its not so strong but then whammo...it hits you hard and there's no turning back then...you will be deep in thought and meditative for quite some time...the duration and intensity is strong and thought provoking.
    1. Phenotypes - Two main phenotypes both with a Lemon Haze smell and short growth one tends to be more a pine smell.
    2. Height-Look for the Short Pheno/ Colas swell late
    3. Yield-Medium-Heavy / Moderate trim work
    4. Indoor/ Outdoor
    5. Best way to grow- Untopped and vegged to a full bush.
    6. Harvest Window_8-9 weeks
    7. Sativa/ Indica 70/30
    8. Hybrid-Pluton X Purple Haze X Lambsbread X NL X Jack Herer X Romulan X Cindy99BCGA
    9. High type-Intense, trippy, visual, phase shifting, increased heart rate, heavy crash increased appetite, pain relief, paranoia
    10.Taste Like: Lemon mango pine hash with a heavy haze influence

16. That looks like a perfect leisure strain to sit around and bake on days off or something. I will defiently keep in mind that strain. I also saw this LSD strain. Im not sure the reviews on that. I will check the grow journals. I will keep a grow journal once its time. I plan on growing indoors and outdoors.

17. There isnt a site that has every strain and description??? Like a adobe file or something?

18. Why have you been told that?

19. look if you want a very in depth look into a strain....type in the strain name on google and the type in grow report or smoke report. that easy. if money isnt an issue then i would go with og 18 from reserva privada...won 2nd in cannabis cup. or you can go with SLH from greenhouse...won 1st in cannabis cup 2 years in a row. to get the energetic buzz you have to harvest your crop at the right time really. get both if you want. those 2 strains are widely accepted as the 2 best strains on the market. some people will desagree including me but thats what the market accepts as the best. i would suggest going with SLH and all SLH just to get used to growing...im growing SLH and hawaiian snow and i can tell you SLH is extremely easy to grow...hawaiian snow is another story. chooseing the seeds is the easy part in my opinion. you have to really focus on the more important stuff.

ps. just to let you know what i will be growing next just to give you an idea of some good strains. i will be growing og18..destroyer...and acapulco gold if dr grinspoon isnt released yet.