Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Flavor Savor... not facial hair.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dr RealGood, Feb 10, 2011.

1. So I was smoking a bowl last night when I noticed something that didn't add up. I'll step you through the events that took fold.

So I just finished hitting the bowl, just your standard glass sherlock, when I pulled the lighter away and the cherried herb just kept on burning. Letting off a nice steady stream of smoke. So like I always do, I held my thumb over the bowl to seal it off, hopefully smothering the cherry. Most of the time I just uncover the carb and lightly blow into the mouthpiece so expel the smoke that was leftover in the bowl, thinking that it would probably taste like shit.

But last night, probably because I was super high, I held the bowl away from my mouth, but took a hit, instead of blowing the smoke out. It tasted AWESOME. Probably better than the green hit on the bowl. Yeah, the green hit was a bit smoother, but when I cleared the bowl I could really taste the weed. Like Really taste it. Can anyone explain why it tasted so good. I did it on every hit after that, and it kept on doing it... untill it was almost beat.

2. you say the weed burned even after you left it.

when you torch weed with your bic, it burns off the thc, and alot of the plant matter itself, which consists of alot of tar. when you left it and it kept burning, the temperature probably lowered quite a bit, just enough to keep the weed lit, which means not as much of the tar burned off, and it let out more of the yummy weed flavor. for example, if you use a vaporizer, it burns the weed at a MUCH lower temperature, and thus, it tastes AMAZING, because your not getting all of the tar and other stuff in the plant that takes a higher temperature to burn. it probably was a little harsh just because the smoke was stale

i may not be right, but i think i am :D

3. Just to make sure i'm understanding this right. You take your hit, cover the bowl, then instead of breathing in you used to blow out all the smoke through the carb?
    So you tried INhaling after letting go of the carb instead of exhaling this time and it tasted better?

4. Yeah man, Sounds pretty good. And yeah the weed burned, but not with a flame. Just the red glow of the ember.

5. exactly. what i like to do is, when i light the bowl, hold the lighter an inch or two away from the bowl, and inhale. it will take longer to heat up the weed, and make sure you dont burn your finger from holding the thing down, but it will burn off more thc and less crap :) basically would be the same thing your doing but less weed wasting

edit: or just get a vaporizer, and every hit will be like that one :)

6. Haha, I have one. But I can't plug in a vaporizer on the sidewalk at work.:smoke:

7. Personally, i've always hit my bowl, covered the top like you do, then let go of the carb and inhale all the extra that's left over in the piece. (sorry if i'm completely missing the point of your post, i'm quite :smoking: right now)
    And yeah man, you can light a bowl with a lighter without actually having the flame touch. Just put it close enough so that the heat lights your herb and it'll work like you described. Staying red even after you pull the lighter away and what not.

Edit: Shit, alwaysdown beat me to it haha :smoke:

8. #8 alwaysdown, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2011
    might have something to do with the fact that your :smoke::bongin::smoking: at the moment? and im not :(