flat white paint vs mylar; intake fan?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by specialk916, Jun 2, 2010.

1. 2 questions. id like to hear pros and cons on flat white paint vs mylar as well as y ppl use fans for intake. in my mind i c it as if u have enough exhaust the air will come in by itself, and if your pushing air in your box youll hav a bigger chance of pushing air out of any cracks you have. if u only hav an exhaust u can control the smell better

2. i plan on doing the same.. only having exhaust the air getting pulled out creates a vacuum and pulls air in the intake hole ya have.. I have outtake and intake hole but only going to have outtake fan.

and my wardrobe is flat white and I think its pretty nice
    CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP mylar is too but flat white easier to mess wit imo

3. I just finished building my new grow box today. I used Kilz2 primer for a flat white finish. Either one should do just fine. For my outtake I used an 80mm computer fan connected to an adjustable voltage transformer from radio shack. I'm also just relying on the negative pressure created by the fan to bring fresh air in.

4. #4 mrbob_58, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2010
    my vegging cabinet and flowering cabinet both work on that prinicpal. i use 6" can fans mounted at the top of each cabinet. the cabinets sit on a 4 inch base , so i cut a 4" x 10" opening in the floor of the cabinet and a 2 inch x 10 inch vent in both sides of the base. it stops alot of the light leakage in and out while drawing the coolest air in the room..my flowering cabinet , i created a maze inside the base using 2x4s it blocks ALL light going in or out but lets the cabinet breath. the whole system dumps out into my chimney and it realy works. room temp was 81.9 yesterday. cabinet temps running a 200w cfl..82.0 and a 250 hps 84.1. consistantly. the temp drops in the evening are imediate and within 1 or 2 degrees of room temps.

cabinet sealing. go to home depot and get a roll of aluminum tape for ducting. that stuff sticks like shit to a blanket and blocks the air and light. and its paintable. just tape down the seams on the outside and paint.

5. oh really wow didnt know about that stuff thanks man that will definetly help in my crusade