Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Flashing vision?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by steel, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Ok, so the past few nights I have been toking up, my vision starts flashing kinda. Its the whole flipbook animation thingy that people always take about.

It scared me the first few times it happened, but now I love it!

So I have a question about this, what causes it? Is it the reduced pressure in the eye? faster heartbeat? slower heartbeat?

It seems to be on the onset of my highs, which can be almost like a stimulant for the first few minutes.

I am just interested because it used to scare me, but now whenever it happens I know that I am thoroughly baked, and its nice.

2. Your third eye is being opened. Accept it, and speak to your inner self. That's why psychedelics don't harm us (pot, shrooms, acid), they just let us open our third eye and become in-tune with what's around us. When I first tripped on acid every bit of light I saw was so intense and flashy, as you describe as the flipbook animation thingy.

3. I'm not sure of the scientific details behind the effect but it happens to me when very very high, especially with a sativa dominant strain, and when driving. The reduced eye pressure probably has something more to do with it than heart beat I would guess.

4. yep happens to me when im up there (way up there along with not feeling my legs)

5. ive been wondering this too. mine is perminate now. im sick of it. feels like i got tunnel vision. it was just a purplish blinking ring that showed up everytime i smoked but now its like a haze over my eyes. i cant see it. but i can.

6. If my thrid eye was opened, wouldnt i be able to see better? lol

Or is it merely an indication to focus on your mind more than the physical world?

7. I'm pretty sure thats what he meant. Just sit back and enjoy the visions. Everything looks exactly the same, yet somehow...its just different in an unexplainable way. Enjoy it man

8. One must not forget that cannabis is a mild hallucinogen, most acting as a psychedelic.

I have found a couple of links and reading material you may find interesting, though I'm not sure if it is against the rules to post them. If it is, well, sorry, I won't do it again.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83719&highlight=cannabis+visual

and if your smart or really want to understand the nature of all psychedelics, this is a very interesting but complex read.

Neuroscience Graduate Program; University of Utah: Faculty: Bressloff

If you need more info or sources just ask, and ill whip some more up.

9. That second link was most interesting.

I remember on a car ride about a month ago, I was falling asleep in my chair with my eyes closed almost looking at the sun. It started off with everything being red like normal, but as I waited and focused I found that I could replicate one of those spiraling patterns in a CEV. Very cool.