Flashing Highbeams

Discussion in 'General' started by Yung_Money, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Does anyone else appreciate it when people do this to warn you of an upcoming cop/accident/animal. or does anyone actually do it.

2. Thats usually only on backroads. No one does it in town

3. Here in DC if you're seen doing it the cops can give you a ticket for it :laughing:

4. In NY too.

I always do it/appreciate it, if circumstances permit.

5. I've always done it.

6. i live in a really small town and am surrounded by small towns so its pretty easy to do it

7. Its always nice to have someone do that. I will do it to passing cars if Ive just passed a cop or w.e. its a good way to let others know something is ahead. But its not polite to do on busy roads. Only on roads where little people are around.

8. I used to do it when i lived in WI, i rarely do it anymore. its basically like what people have said Urban area-dont do it Rural-do it mang

I always appreciated it when someone did it for me, its saved at least one ticket

9. Yeah people tend to do it a lot, but with the risk you'd get busted.
    I know I've been with friends and family and done it. And vice versa.

10. hell yea that shit potentially saves lives

11. I was on 195 in jersey years ago and a shitload of deer were in the median so my friend reached over and flashed my high beams at the cars coming eastbound who just happen to be two state troopers.

Needless to say they weren't very thrilled about it...

12. You'd be surprised how many people dont know that flashing lights means SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!!! :p

13. ill usually only do it if they have there headlights off, but I do appreciate it when i can get added information on a possible cop

14. That's lame you can get a ticket for that. I had no idea.
    I will sometimes, usually if someone's lights are off or something.

15. #15 million, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2010
    Last time I had my highbeams on for a second, I had to have a conversation with a motorcycle cop high as fuck and with more bud in my car.

Doesn't happen often here. I do appreaciate it when it does though.

16. I always do it when I can.

Theres a spot near my work where a police officer will just sits all day waiting for people to roll through the stop signs he can see from his spot. After a while he'll leave his spot and roll through our streets to distribute parking tickets. Its just pure laziness to me. I have a 10 min drive to work and on my typical drive I see at least 2 drivers being reckless, or driving considerably higher than the posted speed limit. Theres no need to be giving these ridiculously expensive California stop tickets when there are poor drivers all over our streets that are much more deserving of fines.

17. Nobody really does that around here. :(

Generally if someone flashes their high beams at you out on the back roads here it usually means that yours are on and you're blinding them. :p

18. No one does it around here but i hate those assholes who leave their lights on right at your face when they are parked.

19. Yup only happens on back roads though.

20. i never knew that people did this untill i started driving my self and was so touched by it, i dont know why its just really nice that drivers are looking out for each other and its mostly done to warn when cops are up ahead waiting for people speeding.