Flag decal...

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by patriot, Mar 20, 2002.

1. A few John Prine lyrics for all you flag wavers out there.

"But your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore. They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war. Now Jesus don't like killin', no matter what the reason's for. And your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore."

2. im srroy if i ofend anyone

the men whom dided in that war did so for you
    and for a contry which never appricated what they did
    or what some of them are still going thru today
    they did not whant to be baby killers
    but that did not stop close minded short sited individuals
    from haveing a blast at there expence
    i have no respect for anti soldger propaganda
    thoes men where no different than any of us
    and the people who protested viet nam
    have no idea what they themselves mite have
    become had they been subjected to the same
    type uf condisens thoes men faced

sorry again this is not a personal attack
    it is an atack on an ideal
    and only my oppinon of it

ps :im not a flag waver eather
    i dont realy care for most of what
    goes on in our government

3. Another John Prine song for you.

"Sam Stone came home to his wife and family, after serving in the conflict overseas. And the time that he served, had shattered all his nerves, and left a little shrapnel in his knee. But the morphine eased the pain, and the grass grew around his brain, and gave him all the confidence he lacked, with a purple heart and a monkey on his back."

"There's a hole in daddy's arm, where all the money goes, and Jesus Christ died for nothing, I suppose. Little pitchers have big ears. Don't stop to count the years. Sweet songs never last too long on broken radios."

You really should go and get the first John Prine CD which was released in 1970 and listen closely to what is on it. Most of the soldiers in Viet Nam were drafted and didn't have much choice. I have been seeing a lot of flag wavers since Sept. 11th and it makes me think about the Flag Decal song. People who feel that supporting any government, especially an evil and wicked one like the U.S. Government is going to get them to heaven have the wrong idea about Christianity. If what our government did was right, this site probably wouldn't exist. However, I do appreciate your view on this.