Fla. Mother Grows Pot while Raising Daughter

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by hearc, Mar 30, 2011.

1. In other news, Local grandmother of John Wiggens was growing tomatoes and the usual perennials in her front yard.

But seriously, I don't see how it relates that if she was growing she's a bad person. This article really gives the "weed is horrible" read.

2. Florida is almost a lost hope. Can't wait to get out of here.

3. sabre down here weed is looked at as being the worst drug you can have. i know people that got less time for cooking meth than someone caught with weed

4. My thoughts, exactly.

"It's very disturbing on my part because I thought this was a nice quiet neighborhood. There were no problems or anything and knowing this - with my children [here] - it scares me."

You would think that the mother was growing bombs or something :rolleyes:

5. agreed. bunch of dumb fucks and old people down here. any state that is stupid enough to elect a governor that committed the largest medicare fraud scandal ever in the U.S. (Rick Scott), is obviously too stupid to enact a sensible policy towards marijuana :confused_2:

6. Was she a fucking murderer?? They found some pot and people are horrified by it! As if they found dead bodies everywhere. People these days...

7. Oh no my children! There's plants in that house.

Wake up people they are fucking plants. All they do is grow. They are non-toxic, they even produce oxygen for fucks sake. What is wrong with this world?

8. Omg marijuana, they MUST be bad people.........

9. lol what get's me is that everyone they interviewed said: "i had no idea." well then how is it that bad and why are you so shocked? she was able to sustain a pretty big grow without anyone finding out for a while and she didn't create any problems for the neighborhood. that doesn't seem that insidious to me :smoke:

it's like you said, she's growing a plant. how did indoor gardening become such an outrageously viewed act?

10. yeah im kinda praying i dont end up in florida but it sure as shit is looking like it, not like NY is much better

11. Honestly, if I had to pick a state that was least progressive for marijuana, it would be florida.

12. "She says, "It's very disturbing on my part because I thought this was a nice quiet neighborhood. There were no problems or anything and knowing this - with my children [here] - it scares me."

Salinas says he can't believe the suspect is accused of raising her two-year-old daughter inside the grow house. "What will happen to them? It's so sad. I mean the kids will be the last victims of whatever the parents do, right?""

jesus christ lady!!! its just some plants! and yes, now that the kid will probably be taken away from her mother and put into foster care, shes going to have a life of problems.

13. ya i live in florida its terrible. look at this bullshit

Florida - NORML

14. Whats worst a 98 plants or the 2 year old getting fed 98 joints a day?

People getting interviewed need a slap so if they were growing Hops and making Beer and the daugter was around and the mom was wasted all the time. Its ok?

and if the mom was stoned all the time she would be called Dangerous. I probably made no sense in a way but whatever news reports piss me off its just a plant with active chemicals what gets you high...Whocares

15. Holy crap, having more than 20 grams on you is a felony there? Jesus.

16. Good call! Take the kid away from their parents because mommy was growing some plants in the house. The child being separated from her mother must have ruined much more than pot ever would have.

17. It is a Lost Hope!
    Something needs to change. The people being voted in are whack jobs. I havent won on my last 5 votes.:rolleyes:

18. OH MY GOD! I had no idea they were cutting up bodies into little pieces and making pies out of them!

19. Whether you agree with the laws or not, it is nothing less than neglectful bordering on abusive to have your child in a house where you are cultivating on such a level...plain and simple. As draconian as the laws are, especially in FL, you are looking at losing your kids over something much smaller than that -- so she ain't gonna be in good shape when it's time for sentencing. What a dumb broad...